Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Relationship Between Suppressors and Barrel Length - 10.3"/11.5"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Got the .057 port installed and took for a test drive, it helped with the gas some and definitely slowed the bolt down. Brass isn't bouncing off the deflector like it was with the .063, plus I had the H3 buffer in so brass was stopping on the concrete about 8-10 ft away contemplating picking up an H4 to see what happens

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrott View Post
    Got the .057 port installed and took for a test drive, it helped with the gas some and definitely slowed the bolt down. Brass isn't bouncing off the deflector like it was with the .063, plus I had the H3 buffer in so brass was stopping on the concrete about 8-10 ft away contemplating picking up an H4 to see what happens
    Sounds just about right. Was it ejecting 3-4 O clock?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Close to 4-4.30 case was impacting the base of the deflector inside the ejection port. Was shooting Aquila 62gr 556 ammo, really want to load up some of my favorite blaster rnds and see how that runs (55 gr Hornady soft tips over 24.5 grs of accurate 2230) before I try a H4 buffer. Thanks for your help Clint

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just a thought , heavy buffers are not the end all solution. When I have run heavier Vltor A5 buffers, they can create more bounce and felt recoil. So just keep that in mind .
    It might work for you but don't just look at where the brass lands.

good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was figuring ejection distance was a possible indicator of bolt speed, along with ejector pin smear being an indication of bolt unlocking to early in the ejection cycle. I was using the clock position as an indication of BCG speed as well. Is this thought process a no go or am I close? Figured that dialing down load pressure would help as well, was using hot ammo as extreme example, and loading down to help reach ideal performance. Figured a heavier buffer would add to the bump of cycling, so was going to take my extra H2 buffer along on my next trip to the range to try out my 55gr load
    Last edited by tommyrott; 08-26-17 at 07:53. Reason: More

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ejection pattern is only valid if the extractor and ejector are set up perfectly. Even so, expect variations
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Also... make sure to test dirty and dry, and with any ammo you plan to use. Temperature extremes make a difference in function/reliability, too.
    Last edited by MQ105; 08-27-17 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Got out to the range with my 55gr reloads and H2 buffer. Shoot a few rounds of Aquila 556 just to see what happens, had definite case head swipe. Switched to reloads, case head swipe was gone. Gun ran fine recoil was normal just that the 556 produced noticable gas, but reloads weren't as noticable gas wise. Happy with this setup, but definitely plan to run warm 223 reloads at most for best performance. Next test will be 62gr soft point reloads, thanks to everyone for help and this site has been a valuable resource thanks again

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567