Thread: LMT MWS FTE, doubling and help.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

LMT MWS FTE, doubling and help.

I have had my LMT MWS for several years now, purchased it second-hand from a member here who claims to have put ~1K rounds through it. It has been a very reliable and accurate rifle but has started to have some recurring issues recently. I need to get them sorted quickly as I am taking the rifle to a shooting competition the end of August and would like a reliable rifle.

I was shooting yesterday, 100 rounds of FGMM 168, and the gun failed to eject a round on 6 or 7 occasions. The spent brass would be wedged above the newly-fed round and facing outward. See below. The spend brass is wedged between the new round going into the chamber and the top of the receiver.

The other issue was that it double-fired with only one trigger pull on two occasions. This will call for a DQ so is the most important issue.

Current setup of the rifle includes a chopped 20" CL barrel to 16" for rifle-length gas system, the original (single ejector) BCG, Geissele SD-E trigger and standard H3 buffer with Sprinco Orange spring. I shoot the gun prone with SilencerCo Specwar 762 can and use an Atlas bipod with spiked feet so it doesn't move around on me.

I am guessing the carrier is moving too quickly and not giving the round enough time to eject (possibly). Thinking of going back to the OEM buffer spring or get a heavy buffer from Slash to remedy the situation. Not sure on the doubling issue. I have changed nothing on the Geissele unit.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by bnanaphone; 07-31-17 at 12:39.