Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon ACOG LED

Feedback Score

Trijicon ACOG LED

I'm looking to get a 4x32 Trijicon for one of my rifles and saw on their website that they're now selling a LED version. Does anyone have firsthand experience with the new LED's? If so, how do they compare to the regular versions, advantages, disadvantages, etc.?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    held one in my hands, friend owns it. No glowing light pipe at night....

Feedback Score
    This is very interesting, there are so many versions of the ACOG, care to pass on a model or part number. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...iews-going-up)

I want one. Still wish there was a TA33 or TA44 version though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by City Rat View Post
    This is very interesting, there are so many versions of the ACOG, care to pass on a model or part number. Thanks.
    TA02

Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...iews-going-up)
    I want one. Still wish there was a TA33 or TA44 version though.
    Thanks for the link to a nice review.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I had one. Sold it after a while since it didn't really do anything different than an ACOG Bought a Browe BCO instead of a TA02 recently and the auto dimming on the Browe is really easy to use. I would still get a TA33 LED version if it used AA's or AAA's though for one of my other rifles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    I purchased the TA02 the moment they debuted in 2012, and have not had any problems. In fact, it still operates on the original included battery.

Prior to that, I always owned the dual-illuminated models, and will never go back to them. In daylight, the fiber optic collects light so efficiently that it causes certain reticles to bloom, disrupting the sight picture and accuracy, so like droves of others, I routinely covered the light collector with tape, and it took lots of experimenting to get a good balance. With no light source at all, the tritium is somewhat useless. Regardless, the FO and Tritium models are phenomenal optics, but the bar was definitely set and raised with LED.

Anytime you can manually control reticle illumination, you're winning. Shooting from daylight into lowlight, from lowlight into daylight, or shooting within lowlight exclusively, the LED models definitely excel. I've taken lowlight courses, and the benefits were there, and overwhelmingly obvious.

The only cons are the added weight, and as always, the short eye relief, which never bothered me anyway.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I have the 3.5x TA110 - has excellent eye relief. The consistency of the reticle illume is the big plus. But the larger size for only .5 more magnification is a big tradeoff vs my TA33. Like them both.

I'd like to see rechargable via usb/lightning port in all battery scopes. With a clip to hold a small portable iPhone charger in place to use while charginng.
    Last edited by uffdaphil; 08-01-17 at 13:31.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    I also have one of the 3.5x LED ACOGS (TA-110), I did a quick write up on it here

I love it. Yeah, the weight is there, but it just works so well.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    I bought a TA02 4x after stewing about buying an ACOG for years. As soon as they released the LED version I knew that's the one I wanted, should I buy an ACOG one day. I like how I can easily control the brightness (rather than the sun doing it) and how I won't ever have to send it in to get the tritium replaced

Unfortunately, I only have 20 rounds under but I do really enjoy it... even if it's just looking though it. The glass clarity is fantastic. The eye relief isn't as good as my 1-4x (though the angle of view is better), but you get used to it really quick and it doesn't become an issue. I went for the green horseshoe.

I bought mine from B&H photo. Clicked the 'email me a better price' and got it for $1099 with a free pair of Smith safety glasses.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...iflescope.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast