Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trijicon ACOG LED

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxTheCat View Post
    GDI and LaRue make mounts for this same purpose. Macedon (sp?) also makes a spacer to be utilized between the mount and the ACOG sled which moves the ACOG up and back.
    Yes I have the GDI ACOG mount on three or four of my TA31s. The increase in FOV is great but it really is a disservice for shooting from awkward positions and can lead to scope eye (not that it hurts, more annoying than anything else)

Even another 0.5” of eye relief would really help the optic out. The 308 versions are great but then the BDCs are pretty off when you start shouting at 400 and beyond.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone feel that the battery compartment on the LED versions would impede the use of a 45 degree offset RMR? Position would preferably be behind the ACOG mount. Was also thinking about something like the 1 o'clock offset like the one from DD.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions on moving the ACOG back. I took a look at my Sig556 SBR and found that the rear BUIS is recessed in the rail so that the mount can actually be placed directly above it. By mounting the ACOG directly above the rear BUIS, you can't use the BUIS. But, I can't imagine wanting to use them anyway unless the ACOG failed to work. So, I put it as far back on the rail as it would go. Now when I shoulder the rifle, I don't have to lean forward much if at all to use the ACOG. It's definitely an improvement and pretty much eliminates the eye relief issue for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Somehow I never noticed these came out. LED addresses the main issue for the ACOG in my opinion.

I am more interested in a 3.5x35 review though due to the limited eye relief in the 4x32 ACOGs. Starting to think about slapping one on a 16" 7.62/.308

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The one that I purchased from grabagun looked like it was a fondled display model that had been dropped at some point, so it went back. Grabagun refunded my without issue. I ordered one from Manventureoutpost and it showed up couple of days ago. I decided to mount it on my Sig556 SBR for starters. I had to reverse the mount which was no problem. The ACOG is up high enough so that I can run the cocking handle without my knuckle hitting the battery compartment.

There is a noticeable difference in the eye relieve between this ACOG and my 3.5x35. Of course I like the more compact size on the compact rifle.

You know there is a dealer on here that offers Trijicon discounts and doesn't drop test your item before we ship it right. ;-)

C4

Feedback Score
    Really? Who are they? J/K I didn't see the particular one that I purchased on you website. I'll keep you in mind in the future.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Really? Who are they? J/K I didn't see the particular one that I purchased on you website. I'll keep you in mind in the future.
    That doesn’t matter. Always ask as we either have it or can order it.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    That doesn’t matter. Always ask as we either have it or can order it.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you take payroll deductions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Yes. In fact, the 110 has two mounting points for RMRs. He first is over th ocular, as normal. The second is over the front half, where the fiber optic pipe would otherwise disallow.
    Indeed. My review FWIW:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good info in this thread thanks guys

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234