Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thoughts on the Graham Combat FAST Sight

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't get it. Shortening up the sight radius 3"-4" inches on a pistol with an already short SR seems like it would be less accurate not more. Why not put the rear sight an inch from the front sight to really go fast? It seems to me that any sighting error side to side or up and down would be exaggerated and induce more inaccuracy in the system. But maybe I'm wrong.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 08-04-17 at 10:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I don't get it. Shortening up the sight radius 3"-4" inches on a pistol with an already short SR seems like it would be less accurate not more. Why not put the rear sight an inch from the front sight to really go fast? It seems to me that any sighting error side to side or up and down would be exaggerated and induce more inaccuracy in the system. But maybe I'm wrong.
    You're not wrong, but they are saying that the benefit in putting the sights closer to the same focal plane brings a precision that makes up for the geometry. And for fast combat shooting that may very well be true, even if it doesn't work for target shooters.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The more I shoot pistols on a clock the less important the sights on it become. Even with accuracy.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    The more I shoot pistols on a clock the less important the sights on it become. Even with accuracy.
    I think this is true, but I do think you are still making visual reference to the gun when you shoot, even if it seems cursory. And if you were shooting in darkness you wouldn't be shooting nearly as well, even with a well lit target.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This strikes me as a big gimmick. But hey, I guess I can't hate too much since I've never tried them, which I would be interested to do.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345