Thread: Six weeks of hard work and harder diet

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Six weeks of hard work and harder diet

I wanted to see what I could achieve with 6 weeks of balls to the wall training and diet. I worked out 6 days a week on average, varying between circuit training, strength training, and cardio. I was very strict on my diet, following my dietitian to the LETTER on it. I began at 197# wearing socks, underoos, gym shorts, and a light T-shirt. I finished at 189#. My initial body fat % was 17. My ending, 12%. The same person did the caliper and tape measurements initially, and in the end. These are the numbers:

6/19/17 Body Weight:197 LBM: 163.51 Fat Mass: 33.49 Body Fat %:17 Bicep (relaxed at side):13.25 Shoulders (around): 49.5 Chest (relaxed, arms held away from sides like a lat-raise): 40.25 Waist (fattest part, not "tailor's):37.25 Hips:43.5 Quad (relaxed):23.75
    7/31/17 Body Weight:189 LBM: 166.32 Fat Mass: 22.68 Body Fat %:12 Bicep (relaxed at side):13.25 Shoulders (around): 47.5 Chest (relaxed, arms held away from sides like a lat-raise): 38.5 Waist (fattest part, not "tailor's):35 Hips:41 Quad (relaxed): 23.75

I am pleased with a 5% body-fat drop and 2.2# lean body mass gain for 6 weeks! Apparently, this is what I can expect when I push myself.
    Last edited by WS6; 08-02-17 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What did your diet look like? Calories, macros, times, etc.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    What did your diet look like? Calories, macros, times, etc.
    I ate 4 meals per day for 2 days. They were equally divided. 50g protein, 25ish grams fat, no carbs. Even sauces had to be 1g or less per spoon or I did not add them. Only carbs came from things like spinach, cucumber, broccoli, etc.
    On the 3rd day, I ate only 3 meals, 30g protein, and 10-15g fat. Same as before on carbs.
    At the end of the 3rd day, there was a 4 hour window during which I would eat anything and everything I wanted (just no large sodas, bags of sugar, etc.). I would pig out at IHOP, then go to Taco Bell, then polish it off at Sonic. Total absolute gluttony. ANYTHING you can do in 4 hours aside the sodas/alcohol/bags of sugar.

I could eat the meals any time I wanted. If I wanted to combine them so I only at 2 meals in a day, that was fine too, so long as the macros matched up. I could eat the meals at any time. I chose to make my 4 hour "spree" on the 3rd day right after my morning work-outs just before bed (I am nocturnal).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I relaxed my eating for a few months, and last was calipered at 14.5%, and 200.6# without shoes. This places me at roughly 170# LBM, for a gain of another 4# lean body mass. I am again cutting back down, looking for single-digits this go, as I am several percent lower than when I cut down last time. Here is my latest progress in the gym, for critique. My bench I have not re-maxxed on, but I am probably where I left off, maybe a touch lower, around 265-285.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvjnXUqaq-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seh6hIpQitc

Feedback Score
    Was that front squat @315!!?!? That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I relaxed my eating for a few months, and last was calipered at 14.5%, and 200.6# without shoes. This places me at roughly 170# LBM, for a gain of another 4# lean body mass. I am again cutting back down, looking for single-digits this go, as I am several percent lower than when I cut down last time. Here is my latest progress in the gym, for critique. My bench I have not re-maxxed on, but I am probably where I left off, maybe a touch lower, around 265-285.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvjnXUqaq-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seh6hIpQitc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good job man!

Its quite hard to get down to less than 10% fat unless you are really strict on diet and training. In my younger college days I got to about 8%. Abs usually show around the 11-12% mark depending on your body type.

I'm about to start a regimen also, to try and cut down and lean out by mid-May. 90days is a good amount of time, although for me its all about eating right since I'm bad at that. Working out is no problem.