Thread: Any Thunderbeast can owners here?

Feedback Score

Any Thunderbeast can owners here?

I have been running an AAC 762sd on my bolt gun , and have been having occasional flyers that I have a hard time explaining. Can locks up tight, no wobble. Removing the suppressor, groups shrink. So I'm toying with the idea of buying a more precision can, and know Thunderbeast is well thought of. Any one have experience with one?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I have had the best experience with both my TB cans and my bolt rifles. They are known for precision and do it well. They actually have zero POI change on a few rifles, some very slight. The weight, performance, and repeatability are outstanding. The large taper mount on the CB cans is hard to beat. Locks up tight and doesn't move. I dont know many who really can argue against TB in the precision category. Sure others work well, but this is what TB is known for. You will no regrets purchasing one. I opted for two of the Ultra 7 cans and could not be happier. Have many other brands .30 cal cans, and I am most pleased with TB on my bolt guns specifically.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-01-17 at 20:51.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    I like my T'beast on my Tikka T3. I have a slight POI change due to a slight mis-aliment that I made when I put the muzzle brake on.
    One day I will fix it but I don't shot the rifle with the can off anymore.

I don't think that you will regret buying a Thunderbeast.
    Last edited by fedupflyer; 08-01-17 at 18:59.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 and love them! My brother has a Cyclone and he has a major POI shift. Not with my TBAC. I would recommend them all day long. Like I said, I love them! I wouldn't go with any other can and they work so well

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Cool, thanks for the info guys...I know they are well thought of over at the hide.Putting my AAC on my bolt gun was kind of an afterthought, I originally bought it to run on my 300 BO and a few 6.8's I have. Its nice and quiet, but I get odd groups with it. 3 shots fairly tight, then a few flyers that open the group up to 1.5 or more MOA....This is with 168 AMAX's, 43 grns of Varget and Lapua brass...Time to see what I can sell to fund a new can!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I run a TB Ultra 7 .30 & SiCo Omega...

both are good. For a bolt gun+glass over $1k, I recommend only TB.

Never regretted the Ultra 7 a single day. Get the muzzle brake because you'll never shoot without the can after (shorter and acts as a sacrificial first baffle- though not necessary on a long barreled bolt gun).

If you have ?s, contact TB and Zak or Ray will answer them. One of the reasons I'm a fan is because they pick up the damn phone when I call and email me back when I have a ?. It's called accountability and it's worth a LOT in the long run.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    TBAC is a great company to buy a can from. If you ask a technical question on a forum , you are likely to get an answer from the the owner. There is a reason the guys on the hide have high praise, TB cans are lightweight, excellent suppression, have minimal POI shift, and hold up in competition.

I drank the koolaid early and still have no regret, other than I wish I had an ultra series vs my 30p1... but that is the case with all of the cans I own. Better and better technology every year, nothing to get mad about

Feedback Score
    I'm sad to say that I've had mine for months and it hasn't been on the rifle yet. Not even for a test fit...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The wobble on the AAC can is not your flyer IMHO. I have a 762SDN , M42K, Mini4 and with wobbles I have never effected accuracy. My most accurate gun had a m42K that wobbled , .25 inch gun.

That being said, I have a TBAC can on one of my 300WM guns and I love the can and the company. Buy with confidence. Im the last guy to tell you to NOT buy a can. Buy buy buy cans.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    I have been running an AAC 762sd on my bolt gun , and have been having occasional flyers that I have a hard time explaining. Can locks up tight, no wobble. Removing the suppressor, groups shrink. So I'm toying with the idea of buying a more precision can, and know Thunderbeast is well thought of. Any one have experience with one?

This is a known issue with 18T and 51T mount system.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm