Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Undercut

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock Undercut

I'm interested in having a "double undercut", or an undercut with a memory groove for the support hand index finger, done to my G19 frame. Maybe I'm a special snowflake, but that's the only frame mod I want done. I've been searching for someone who will do it without a complete $300-400 grip package, and I'm coming up empty handed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or am I missing something? Is it not possible to have someone do that and blend it with the rest of the factory grip so it doesn't look "polished" and out of place?

Feel free to ridicule me for either ruining my frame by cutting into it, or not ruining my frame enough by not cutting into it and then melting it too.

Thanks,
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 08-01-17 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you tried calling some of the shops that do this and asking them to do the work you want, or are they all telling you the same thing that you need to do the full package? From your post I'm not sure if you are just going off of what is on websites, or speaking to the people doing the work.

I would find it hard to believe that they are saying that the trigger guard work can't be done without other mods. I undercut the trigger guard of my 19 myself with a dremil, doing the second one would not have been much more difficult had I chosen to do so, I just didn't have need for it. And honestly, I don't see how it would affect any other part of the grip.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You might reach out to Lane at Cold Bore Customs, he's a reasonable guy with a menu of options.

http://www.coldborecustom.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another to reach out to is Dom at FLT. http://www.finelinetactical.com/
    I wanted a USPSA "production worthy" stipple job that he didn't have listed and he worked with me on it. His work is outstanding to boot!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I had just an undercut that I used for awhile on my Glock 19. It really changes the feel of it. However, it turned into a full stipple job shortly after.

However, I do have a double undercut on my Glock 26 with no additional frame work and it feels just about perfect imo. I had a local guy do mine, he may be willing to do it but he has been busy with other projects as of late.

https://www.facebook.com/DarkHorseShooting/
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 08-01-17 at 17:13. Reason: Forgot to mention
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Plenty of guys have done the job themselves with a Dremel. Just go slow.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not hard to do yourself. I've only done single undercuts. I'll admit that the one I had done by 5b Gunworx looks a lot better though.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Do a search for the stippling thread. I bet one of those guys can hook you up.

Feedback Score
    I did it once and it worked for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .XL View Post
    I did it once and it worked for me.
    Nice, I had no idea what was being discussed, but seeing it, I can see how that would make a subtle but helpful difference
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast