Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot With & Support 5th Group Special Forces: 9/9-9/10, Rockcastle Shooting Center

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'll see you guys on Saturday!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I'll see you guys on Saturday!
    Awesome! And for those who haven't done this before and might be a little apprehensive/intimidated - don't be.

This match is not about beating other people, it’s about beating yourself. And your Self is the toughest opponent you will ever face.

Start training. If you sign up, show up, and just START the match you’re ahead of every other “internet couch warrior” out there. If you FINISH the match, no matter how long it takes you, you win. One thing I can promise you – is that NO ONE will make fun of you for getting out there and trying. You will only hear words of encouragement and support*, pushing you to keep going and finish this thing.

*Marines and Army Drill Instructors have their own special way of giving encouragement and support, and I have a few as RO’s. If they yell at you, know it’s because they love you. They are the only exemptions from this statement. If some lone douchebag tries to prove me wrong on this and makes fun of you for struggling, being too fat, too old, or too slow - give them a swift buttstroke to the side of the head with your rifle and just keep going. As you trample over their crying body, tell them "Matt says hi".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got some more humbling news today: *Gold Star family members who were directly tied to some of the individuals the stages are based on will be at the event. *Gold Star families are those who lost an immediate family member in combat.

Help me honor these people by not only showing up in great numbers, but putting your best feet forward and showing them how much we appreciate and understand their sacrifice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is a great idea for a fund raiser for a worthy cause.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-08-17 at 08:13.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've had a few questions on how people can donate if they can't come to the match (THANK YOU for asking!). You can donate to the SFA at anytime through their website, but that only goes to their general fund (still a great cause). If you want to donate to the Chapter that specifically takes care of 5th Group, it has to be done the old-fashioned way via snail mail. Here are the details:

Check/Money Order TO:
    Special Forces Association, Chpt 38
    NOTE: Legion 9/11 Memorial Match

Mailing Address:
    Special Forces Association, Chpt 38
    ATTN: CSM (RET) Frank McFadden
    PO Box 223
    Ft. Campbell, KY 42223
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 08-09-17 at 03:57.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you, Matt, I appreciate you digging that info out for us.

I'll talk to some friends and see what we can do for a donation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The facebook page is not working. Where can I find more information that I can share with friends? I really want to go to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajackz View Post
    The facebook page is not working. Where can I find more information that I can share with friends? I really want to go to this.

Strange - it's working for me now. You do have to be a FB member: https://m.facebook.com/events/162389...f&notif_t=like

All of the basics (including registration links) are in this thread too - so you can share that wil non-FB folks. There's just more discussion on Facebook and you're more likely to see all the little details people ask about.

We've got a few slots left - register soon!

Edit: I think I found there was just a bad link in the first post. Let me know if it doesn't work now -
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 08-10-17 at 08:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    Strange - it's working for me now. You do have to be a FB member: https://m.facebook.com/events/162389...f&notif_t=like

All of the basics (including registration links) are in this thread too - so you can share that wil non-FB folks. There's just more discussion on Facebook and you're more likely to see all the little details people ask about.

We've got a few slots left - register soon!

Edit: I think I found there was just a bad link in the first post. Let me know if it doesn't work now -
    Thanks, it must because Im on tapatalk. Ill check it out when I get to my desk top. Trying not to run this solo but I will if need be.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I'm signed up to run the combat class. Should be a good time.
    And just like that, I have to withdraw for work. I apologize, and hope that everyone has a great time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast