Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Budget $1,500-$1,700 what 16" AR should I purchase?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    Buy a damn BCM Recce 16" KMR and call it good. You'll never have to worry about anything.
    This..

FaxonNathan Guest
    A pleasure to be mentioned. Let us know if we can assist in any way!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Curious why I don't see this rifle recommended more often. Seems like a great gun to me.

Feedback Score
    Colt's QC has been questioned recently, but the model suggested is top notch. Like everyone said, the BCMs, KAC, DD, can't go wrong with their quality. I'll throw spikes tactical in there in that price range. I personally think the government profile barrel doesn't do much in terms of performance over a thin profile barrel and may shave you some weight if you go light profile. You may like the milspec trigger but some people like an upgraded trigger. You may also want to consider more than $600 for an optic, especially if you are building a nice AR.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Apologies for the late reply, been away on a trip.

Done a bit more research, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the DD M4V7 or a BCM Reece 16 / Reece 16 KMR-A. Pretty within my price range, seems to be what I need and there's some lightly used DD's locally.
    I've decided I'm not doing any building this time, just need something simple that works out of the box.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the M4V7, it's a great choice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Apologies for the late reply, been away on a trip.

Done a bit more research, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the DD M4V7 or a BCM Reece 16 / Reece 16 KMR-A. Pretty within my price range, seems to be what I need and there's some lightly used DD's locally.
    I've decided I'm not doing any building this time, just need something simple that works out of the box.

I have a DD M4V7 and a BCM RECCE-14 KMR-A, both carbines have been stellar.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post

I think you'll be very pleased with either. BCM and Daniel Defense are solid.

Feedback Score
    Being 100% honest I'm still not too knowledgeable when it comes to components, whats the main differences between the DDM4V7 and the BCM Reece 16? (Disregarding aesthetics, rail, grip, etc)
    Looking at the general spec's they seem to be pretty similar.
    Is one objectively better than the other? Or are they similar enough in specs and quality that it just boils down mainly to personal brand preference?
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast