Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot astigmatism work around.

Feedback Score

Red Dot astigmatism work around.

Been shooting with a red dot for about a year and have been dealing with a slight astigmatism. I receved some advise that really helped. Try viewing the dot through the small hole on the rear sight. The small hole must filter out enough light to make the dot crisp. I set my red dot at lower 1/3 and keep the rear site down for <50 yards and for 50+ pop up rear site and take the shot with the crisper dot. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It does defeat the purpose of the "fast target acquisition" feature though.

I switched over to Trijicon TA44SGs for my CQC rifles.

Feedback Score
    That's good advice, but I agree with above poster.

I too, suffer from astigmatism, and employ XPS2-0 which seems to allow me to be proficient with RDS.

Feedback Score
    You find the Eotech is better for astigmatism? I've heard the holographic red dots can be.

Feedback Score
    Why not just glasses if your astigmatism is really bothering you.

I have slight astigmatism and the Aimpoint dot and Eotech hologram are ever so sllightly pixelated. Doesn't really bother me but if I put on RX glasses, it is very sharp and crisp.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Why not just glasses if your astigmatism is really bothering you.

I have slight astigmatism and the Aimpoint dot and Eotech hologram are ever so sllightly pixelated. Doesn't really bother me but if I put on RX glasses, it is very sharp and crisp.
    I tried three optometrists before I gave up.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an astigmatism as well. I have found that my Aimpoint h-1 and Eotech Exps don't bother me nearly as much as my trijicon MRO did. I'd prefer my back up sights as just that, so I didn't mind selling the MRO.

Feedback Score
    I have slight astigmatism too. I find one of two things happens. If I think about it, the dot on my Aimpoints end up shaped like stars and/or blurry. If I don't think about it and just look through the Aimpoint and pay attention to the target it's no big deal. Maybe I'm lucky as far as that go's I don't know.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have normal eyes but TwangNBang has some tips that I think are helpful for folks. I also think the TA44 is a very solid choice; especially with the TA44 with ACSS that's coming soon (stay tuned to the channel; review will be up as soon as they hit the streets).

Feedback Score
    Thanks mrgunsandgear, that video was spot on! That's the same thing I think when I look through my rear site "why can't it look that way all the time?!?" lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast