Thread: Can I post non monetized video reviews?

Feedback Score

Can I post non monetized video reviews?

I have a small non monetized YouTube channel. Can I post written reviews and embed a video review? I don't work for a marketing company, I don't get paid by manufacturers, nor is my channel monetized. If I get a sample for free to review, I will include a full disclosure. I've posted a couple of reviews already, generally had positive feedback from other gearheads.

Someone suggested that I state I'm a shameless youtube plugging my channel in the signature box.... I edited that a little and put in "I make non monetized YouTube videos"

Please let me know if I'm complying with forum rules. I should've posted in here first and got the okay first.
    Disclaimer: I make videos as a hobby and share them on YouTube.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bushcraftdave View Post
    I have a small non monetized YouTube channel. Can I post written reviews and embed a video review? I don't work for a marketing company, I don't get paid by manufacturers, nor is my channel monetized. If I get a sample for free to review, I will include a full disclosure. I've posted a couple of reviews already, generally had positive feedback from other gearheads.

Someone suggested that I state I'm a shameless youtube plugging my channel in the signature box.... I edited that a little and put in "I make non monetized YouTube videos"

Please let me know if I'm complying with forum rules. I should've posted in here first and got the okay first.
    Embedding video is fully within the code of conduct here.
    Our gripe is pretty much against those that post an alluring title, followed by an offsite link only.
    We're even ok with those that post just the text of an article with a link to a full pic/video offsite article.

Looking forward to your shared content.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This link may be helpful: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...21#post2186921

Pertinent excerpt:
    Product Reviews Written by M4C Forum Member Requirements

Written Product Reviews - Written product reviews must be posted in their entirety on M4Carbine.net with at least half of the article's photos. A link can be provided to additional content available on another site at the end of the article.

Video-only Product Reviews - A written summary of the review must be provided on M4Carbine.net, and the video embedded in the M4C post. No external links are allowed in the post.

Written Product Reviews that include a video - The text of the article must be posted in its entirety on M4Carbine.net with at least half of the article's photos, and the video embedded in the post. A link can be provided to additional content available on another site at the end of the article.

External/Coded links to off-site content or sites are not allowed in signature lines, or signature files at the end of every post except in the case of staff, moderators, manufacturers, dealers, industry professional or SME's.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Embedding video is fully within the code of conduct here.
    Our gripe is pretty much against those that post an alluring title, followed by an offsite link only.
    We're even ok with those that post just the text of an article with a link to a full pic/video offsite article.

Looking forward to your shared content.
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This link may be helpful: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...21#post2186921

Pertinent excerpt:
    Thank you gentlemen! That was really fast and helpful. I appreciate the help! See you guys around the forum!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Again, as I said, I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. The content and appearance of your posts were just suspicious. No malicious motives were intended, on my part. You got your go-ahead, so please disregard my suspicions. Your content is relevant to my interests. I was just curious as to whether or not you were trying to do the forum a solid, or if you were here to take advantage for your own gain. Either way, those that matter have spoken. Sincerely, have a good one.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    @txbk. I know you're looking out for the forum. Good on you for that. You're a forum supporter and you have my respect and gratitude. I didn't show you any disrespect over in my thread , I even complied to your suggestion. I try to make respectful posts. I write a written review in the post so that people don't actually have to watch the video at all if they dont want to. I embed it so they don't have to leave the forum. I don't post a subscribe link or any other type of link. I'm just sharing my experience with people who might be intertersed. Maybe I'm totally wrong here, but I think with my humble little contribution- I'm adding a little extra content to the board. I would think it's a good thing.

Have a good one too fellas. I'm saving up for my first carbine! Just got my first hand gun last month with the help of a rebate I seen mentioned here. I got the M&P shield 9mm.
    Last edited by bushcraftdave; 08-04-17 at 05:23.