Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need Wood Grips For My 686-2

Feedback Score
    Herrett's Jordan Troopers are one of the best grips for controlling heavy recoil of hot loads. The down side is they only work well for people with large hands. That is assuming you shoot double action.
    Spegel makes 3 sizes of his square butt grips, boot, extended boot and full size.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Herretts will size grips to a tracing of your hand which is sent in along with your order. I don't have especially large hands (medium/large glove size depending on brand) and the sets I've had fit me very well.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I have a set of Altamont grips that I have been pocket carrying for about two years now. They still look brand new from when I got them, even though the gun finish is wearing at the corners in the same amount of time. Here is their webpage.

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...ith-and-wesson

Here is a pic of the gun as of 2 minutes ago. Don't mind the pocket lint.

https://goo.gl/photos/iFAc2uPmdZXSTDMHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    What is your budget?

Nill makes the ne plus ultra when it comes to checkered target style grips. But that will likely run you $200+ and take two months to arrive.

I'll dig through my big plastic Tub o' Grips and see what I have laying around.
    I'd like to keep it around $100. Those Nill grips are beautiful though.

Some more criteria I'm looking for, They need to be able to accommodate speed loaders. I would like them to have either silver S&W medallions or laser etched ones. And lastly (The Nill's seem to bee the only ones offering this) I'd like checkering/stippling/texturing on the front strap of the grip. Preferably that wraps the grip from side to side. Of these 3 things, only the speed loader requirement is a must, the rest would just be nice to have.

Also, if anybody here has a line on where I could get some grips for an old .32 S&W Long, I-Frame Hand Ejector that would be great.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Try this guy. Whether or not he makes the style you want I can attest to top-notch work.

https://raasco.com/smith-wesson-k-l-frame/

Feedback Score
    Another Altamont customer here. They can even put S&W medallions on them (last I checked). They run in the $100 range depending on options.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Check out John Culina if you're interested in custom grips. www.culinagrips.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12