Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hulibarri4001 View Post
    This gun can be had for 684 plus 14 dollar shipping over at Guns Midwest. I just ordered mine should be here in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll have to check again but I thought Guns Midwest showed $30 shipping for me in NC.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From their website:

Shipping Rates
    All Firearms - $14.95 Flat Rate Shipping per order
    Silencers - $14.95 Flat Rate Shipping per order
    Ammunition - $14.95 Flat Rate Shipping per order
    Accessories - $9 Flat Rate Shipping per catagory per order

I need to get out to finish mowing the lawn....so I can go zero the Trooper.
    Last edited by grizzman; 09-23-17 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    From their website:

Shipping Rates
    All Firearms - $14.95 Flat Rate Shipping per order
    Silencers - $14.95 Flat Rate Shipping per order
    Ammunition - $14.95 Flat Rate Shipping per order
    Accessories - $9 Flat Rate Shipping per catagory per order

I need to get out to finish mowing the lawn....so I can go zero the Trooper.
    How'd she do?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It ran exactly as expected....flawless. The first 8 rounds were used to zero he BUIS and PRO, followed by by 20 more offhand.

I needed to zero irons on a 308, so I didn't have time for more.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    How do you know that any component you buy is "in spec"?

You guys don't seem to understand how manufacturing works. They don't build to different standards. Would cost more to do so than to make good parts.

Yes maybe, there are culls. But those have to be clearly marked because the last thing you want is a bin of culls getting mixed in with production parts and blowing a contract

OEM models and the trooper might be signs of overrun or soft market. And low-margin as such, but my bet is they're still making money on these.

This myth of if "it's surprisingly cheap it must be out of spec" is purely a forum thing. Many many overruns happen in manufacturing.

There is precedent for items which do not meet military spec being sold on the civilian market under different nomenclature. Federal XM ammo is a prime example. But it's still meets the commercial specs.
    Not to mention, how long has Colt been producing the LE6920? With unchanged specs, I bet their tooling and processes are cheaper than ever from a machining perspective, even if labor and materials are more than normal. If they're not innovating, how much additional expenses can they have to cover?

Feedback Score
    Why innovate the Big Mac when it's been a success for decades, and still going strong? Some fail to see that Colt makes a mean carbine destined for the battle field, nothing more, nothing less.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    Well, I took the new Colt out today and it ran like a top. 50 rounds of IMI M193 and 20 of PPU 75g. I'm very pleased.

I've put a MOE grip and a MOE-SL stock (both in FDE) on and used my cheapo Sig ROMEO5 sight. I'm very impressed with how light it is - I may need to buy a Aimpoint Micro instead of a PRO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post
    Well, I took the new Colt out today and it ran like a top. 50 rounds of IMI M193 and 20 of PPU 75g. I'm very pleased.

I've put a MOE grip and a MOE-SL stock (both in FDE) on and used my cheapo Sig ROMEO5 sight. I'm very impressed with how light it is - I may need to buy a Aimpoint Micro instead of a PRO.
    Nice! I'm doing FDE on mine also but not very far along. I just ordered FDE Troy sights today. I'll be in D.C. all this week so hope to mount them and sight in next weekend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    Nice! I'm doing FDE on mine also but not very far along. I just ordered FDE Troy sights today. I'll be in D.C. all this week so hope to mount them and sight in next weekend.
    Watch your six in Dodge City, especially if you venture into S.E.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Watch your six in Dodge City, especially if you venture into S.E.
    Yeh I know!!! Fortunately I'll be staying in a good area actually in N. Virginia and ventures into the D.C. will be with a few friends.
    Thanks

Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast