Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzo View Post
    I actually just joined this forum to post here.
    I'd been waiting to find a great price on the mps-b, but kept missing the best sales. I found this on grab a gun for $725 shipped. I pulled the trigger without really thinking.
    So, I know it's new, but on the advertisements, I keep seeing posts that it's awful and overpriced. Not sure why. Does anyone here have one yet? Mine should be here mid week.
    I have one and don't think it sucks. The rail mounting is different that a normal CMR, but mine seems quite secure in the 2 weeks I've had it.

You're basically getting a 6920 with the pinned shaved front sight base and a free-float rail for less than the price of a standard 6920. The only knock against mine is the mil-spec trigger, which is a heavy-quasi two-stage affair that is better than some of the others I've wound up with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    That's interesting because that center screw interfaces with the barrel nut, making it near impossible for the rail to move forward. Is that compensated for in some other way? Maybe a torque plate like what MI uses?
    Yeah there is a plate where the screws clamp the rail together. I'm curious if it has a standard CMR barrel nut under there, but haven't brought myself to take the rail off. I guess if it gives me issues, I'll swap it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cl2 View Post
    Yeah there is a plate where the screws clamp the rail together. I'm curious if it has a standard CMR barrel nut under there, but haven't brought myself to take the rail off. I guess if it gives me issues, I'll swap it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can confirm that it uses a standard CMR barrel nut, the plate has a nub which engages the groove in the barrel nut to prevent the rail from sliding forward. I had a Gen 1 CMR rail that Weapon Outfitters sells that has the newer updated mounting that the M-lok and Gen 2 rail use and it mounted right up without issue.
    Last edited by dcf1981; 08-22-17 at 17:35. Reason: Autocorrect

Feedback Score
    Finally shipped today. I'll take some glamour shots when it gets here

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Finally shipped today. I'll take some glamour shots when it gets here
    Whoever was telling you this weapon is garbage is an ignoramus, and worth noting so you don't make the mistake of ever taking their posting serious. I'm going to guess you got that info off another board which has a bunch of clowns on it.

We will expect good pics, we have standards around here once you post about glamour shots....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    We will expect good pics, we have standards around here once you post about glamour shots....
    You know you get jealous of my kitchen counter cell phone pics.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I actually just joined this forum to post here.
    I'd been waiting to find a great price on the mps-b, but kept missing the best sales. I found this on grab a gun for $725 shipped. I pulled the trigger without really thinking.
    So, I know it's new, but on the advertisements, I keep seeing posts that it's awful and overpriced. Not sure why. Does anyone here have one yet? Mine should be here mid week.
    Whoever said that flat out doesn't know what they are talking about. Im on multiple gun forums and every one has the anti Colt people. They like to spew their nonsense but when you actually call them out on it, their problems with Colt rifles are either their personal opinion based on no facts, or they don't like a carbine gassed rifle. Just because someone prefers a midlength doesnt mean the carbine now doesnt work.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I am no photographer by any means, but I do have one on order as of last night, I look forward to having this model Colt in the stable. This is a glorious time when such fine, quality firearms can be had for so very little money. I am glad to see that Colt is starting to come out with other options for the civilian/Law Enforcement markets. Good on Them!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I was surprised several weeks ago, when I stumbled upon the Colt LE6920-R Trooper while doing an internet search for pricing on a 6920, as Colt had yet to start to promote this product. The Trooper is using a 13" rail made specifically for this project by Centurion (According to Centurion). This rail differs from the normal Centurion M-Lok rail in that there are no QD attachments made into the rail, and the mounting screws don't go into steel. Like most, this gun ships without BUIS. It also ships with the traditional Mil Spec type of stock. Functional, but could be improved upon.

I've seen the LE6920-R Trooper on line for as low as $715. For this price point, I think that the Trooper is a bargain.

I recently stumbled upon another internet search which reviewed a new Colt variant. The Colt LE6920-EPR. This comes with the Centurion rail with the QD slots. It also ships with the MagPul PRO MBUS, Bambi selector switch and the B5 stock. The best on line price I found for this variant was $1215.

I really have a hard time justifying spending an additional $500 to go from the LE6920-R Trooper to the LE6920-EPR Enhanced Patrol.

At $715, the Trooper would make an excellent spare rifle, travel gun, ect. and I'm very tempted to pick one up just for those reasons.

At $1215, the EPR is at a price point that would make me look hard at other options that may come with a mid length gas system ect.

Am I missing something...?
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 08-26-17 at 10:39.

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast