Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    The ccu costs almost 400$ more than what I paid for the trooper. I don’t think it’s worth it to me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree completely. The Trooper, at $750 or less is an absurdly good deal.

At $1100 plus, the CCU is playing in an entirely different league.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I agree completely. The Trooper, at $750 or less is an absurdly good deal.

At $1100 plus, the CCU is playing in an entirely different league.
    Functionally, the only difference is the gas length. I was hoping for 400$ they’d have bettered the 6960 in some other way..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Kind of what I’m thinking as well, I checked the serial number when it came in, so I know that part is right, but I need to box check the label for the other info.
    Is it carbine length or mid length? I understand that Colt ran out of the Trooper rails and might have substituted a CCU rail.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 11-19-17 at 09:25.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I like my Trooper and I don't see it going anywhere.

But I may still buy a 6960 after the first of the year.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    Functionally, the only difference is the gas length. I was hoping for 400$ they’d have bettered the 6960 in some other way..
    I think you are looking at it the wrong way. The Trooper is a loss leader for Colt right now in that they are making minimal money on it. I don’t think for a minute that the Trooper will continue to sell as cheap as it once did ($700). The only reason it has dipped so cheap is the market for dealers. Typically a new Colt release would sell for full msrp.

Let’s put the above aside for a minute. What is the price for an off the shelf 6920 at your local gun store? Now think to yourself what the cost is in having Colt do a custom run of weapons for you, to include tooling up for a part they don’t make. Add the price of a rail, add the price of your assembly line building a different product, add the price of new labels, add the price of the back end work for administrative staff, add the ceasing of production of the standard Colt carbine barrels, add the price of your assembly line ceasing production of standard products.

There is much more to it than simply $400 over a Trooper, especially when you figure the CCU came out first. The Trooper has become the more popular bastard stepchild, but that doesn’t negate the value of the CCU (now feel free to enter GOT comments).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I think you are looking at it the wrong way. The Trooper is a loss leader for Colt right now in that they are making minimal money on it. I don’t think for a minute that the Trooper will continue to sell as cheap as it once did ($700). The only reason it has dipped so cheap is the market for dealers. Typically a new Colt release would sell for full msrp.

Let’s put the above aside for a minute. What is the price for an off the shelf 6920 at your local gun store? Now think to yourself what the cost is in having Colt do a custom run of weapons for you, to include tooling up for a part they don’t make. Add the price of a rail, add the price of your assembly line building a different product, add the price of new labels, add the price of the back end work for administrative staff, add the ceasing of production of the standard Colt carbine barrels, add the price of your assembly line ceasing production of standard products.

There is much more to it than simply $400 over a Trooper, especially when you figure the CCU came out first. The Trooper has become the more popular bastard stepchild, but that doesn’t negate the value of the CCU (now feel free to enter GOT comments).
    Pretty much. IMHO the Trooper is Colt's way of moving existing stock (lowers and OEM 2 uppers) to make a small dime on their investment. The CCU is an entirely new barrel/gas system for Colt.

I predict that the Trooper won't be a long-running product from Colt. Once they go through the inventory they had ramped up for the 2016 election you'll see the Trooper quietly disappear. At a minimum it won't be a $700 gun if it does stay in the lineup.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Pretty much. IMHO the Trooper is Colt's way of moving existing stock (lowers and OEM 2 uppers) to make a small dime on their investment. The CCU is an entirely new barrel/gas system for Colt.

I predict that the Trooper won't be a long-running product from Colt. Once they go through the inventory they had ramped up for the 2016 election you'll see the Trooper quietly disappear. At a minimum it won't be a $700 gun if it does stay in the lineup.
    Agreed. My wonder is if the midlength barrel will continue with Colt, or will it only be on special orders for Davidson’s or other commercial entities.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Agreed. My wonder is if the midlength barrel will continue with Colt, or will it only be on special orders for Davidson’s or other commercial entities.
    Well, "limited run" or "limited edition" generally means more $$$ for both manufacturer and distributor.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

What odd is supposedly the OEM 2s were selling very well. It was the OEM 1 that they were phasing out.

I guess there still could be a production overrun due to misreading the election.

Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast