Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    Magpul type 2 covers for me. To be fair, I haven’t tried the Centurion, they look nice but I like the feel and function of the Magpul a lot.

Feedback Score
    Are these up to $900 now?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Cheapest on line price that is actually in stock is Guns Midwest at $922.68.

I bought mine from them a few months ago and paid $689.00.

For under $700, the Trooper is a great rife. Once above the $900 price range, I'd look hard at the Colt 6960 CCU personally...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Cheapest on line price that is actually in stock is Guns Midwest at $922.68.

I bought mine from them a few months ago and paid $689.00.

For under $700, the Trooper is a great rife. Once above the $900 price range, I'd look hard at the Colt 6960 CCU personally...
    Agreed. I have a buddy who was looking to buy one as he's convinced this is the time gun control will happen.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Now is a good time to buy, if for no other reason than the pricing is good.

Feedback Score
    The Trooper was a Hell of a deal at the $700 mark, glad I bought one. But close to a $ grand, I would go with the CCU.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    So it looks like practically everywhere is sold out of the trooper or is over $1,000. Looks like I missed the boat unless anyone knows of a source??

As the poster above and others have mentioned, the Colt Combat Unit might also be something to look into. I don't, however, see how the CCU is really worth it. I don't know why people like the thin barrel. I guess if I was marching around with my AR for 12 hours a day I would feel different. In fact, I'm not exactly sure why anyone would choose the CCU unless it was the exact same price as the Trooper. I guess you get the magpul stock and grip, but I've never thought those two items make that much of a difference.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I had the option to get the Trooper with a lightweight barrel, I'd have done it. I don't need to carry a rifle for 12 hours to appreciate a rifle with less weight out front where it's not needed/wanted.

A comparable BCM is going to cost approximately $1,300, so $1,200 for the CCU seems like a reasonable price to me.

The CCU happens to also have a mid-length gas system, which some consider enough of an improvement by itself to be worth several hundred dollars.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The CCU has a different gas system (middy), different rail, intelligently slimmed barrel profile, and different furniture. If the pricing between the two configurations is relatively close, id go CCU in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    Sportsman Supply had a couple of these listed on Gunbroker at any given time for a few months. They are no longer listing them and I don't see them in stock anywhere. What is fair market on a new one of these now?

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast