Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    How is everyone setting theirs up? I have a brand new 6720 on the way along with my Trooper and undecided on which one to set up as the most basic "set it and forget it" carbine.

I'm thinking I'll throw an Aimpoint ACO on the 6720 with some 20rd Pmags and let it be the streamlined HD gun, and maybe do a midpowered scope on the Trooper. It sort of feels like a waste to just throw an ACO and MBUSs on the Trooper.
    Mine will get an lpvo, proctor sling, magpul buis, and wml mounted at the 9 o'clock position. I'll keep the grip and stock it came with.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    How does the reliability/durability of the 6920 CH compare to a BCM or Radian CH?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    It isn't be covered by warranty, but maybe they'll make an exception.
    Colt is covering it under warranty, and yes I told their CS rep the story of how it broke.

I can’t complain about their honoring the warranty, but if I knew it would’ve been this long I would’ve parted it out until I figured out what was wrong myself. I’ve called twice in the last few weeks (4-5 month marks) and both times they’ve promised to call me back because they “didn’t know where it was”. Kind of concerning, and I’ve yet to get a call back.

When we hit 6 months I’m going to escalate it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    How does the reliability/durability of the 6920 CH compare to a BCM or Radian CH?
    Different animals. As far as milspec CHs go, it’s great.

But the VLTOR design is completely different and eliminates broken roll pins for single handed charging. I would absolutely replace the CH with a VLTOR

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I can't speak on the dimensions definitively, I can measure the tube on my Trooper when I get home though.

Here's the specs on the CMR from Centurion.

Width: 1.39(body of tube) 1.75 (at QD sling swivels)
    Height: 1.910(body of tube)
    Inside diameter: 1.230
    I took some very rough estimates with a tape last night 1.3" wide, 1.8" tall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    Ok, sorry about the low quality picture. It's not bad at all, just slightly off to the right. Not worried about it, but promised pics so here ya go. It's not canted to 1o-clock, it's canted towards 1 o-clock.

Right side look I looking toward muzzle
    Attachment 48072

Left side looking toward buttstock
    Attachment 48073
    Yup, it looks off a degree. It probably took longer to take the pic and post than it will to fix it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Everyone has mentioned how scratched up their Troopers are upon arrival and mine was no different.

What's funny is I had a new 6720 arrive today and it has no marks like that at all. It looks pristine in comparison to my Trooper. The 6720 is also noticable lighter out front.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Everyone has mentioned how scratched up their Troopers are upon arrival and mine was no different.

What's funny is I had a new 6720 arrive today and it has no marks like that at all. It looks pristine in comparison to my Trooper. The 6720 is also noticable lighter out front.
    Both of my Troopers are in fantastic condition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    Mine too! 300 more rounds today for a total of 600, hope to have time this weekend to run another 500 or more and then I might clean it or not. So far it has of course been stellar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    Mine is mechanically sound. Straight, level rail mounted firmly. Smooth pull on the charging handle, excellent trigger for mil spec, and deep staking on the keys and castle nut. Mags insert and drop freely.

A few dings and scuffs with a light roll marked L in the word Colt are on mine but it's of no consequence or worry to me. I've seen better and worse from Colt and just don't think much about it. More than anything, mine was just really, really dry. Looked a lot different after it was oiled and cleaned.

Still haven't had a chance to make it to the range. That's what I'm most interested in!

Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast