Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post
    There didn't appear to be any threadlocker on the screws, though they were snug. I may think about adding some - having them back out would be unfortunate. Any thoughts on that?
    If it's anything like my old CMR, it uses heli-coils. My understanding is threadlocker should not be used with heli-coils.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up the Trooper after work today, and here are a few thoughts.

I expect to like the Centurion rail well enough. It's light, slim, and well machined/finished.

Its trigger may have a bit of creep, as expected, but it's pretty smooth and will likely end up quite nice after some use.

During it's trip through the factory, it only received one ding on the magwell, and some minor scratches on the lower section of the exposed barrel, but they're only visible in good light. I'll likely do more damage than this within the first month of use.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    If it's anything like my old CMR, it uses heli-coils. My understanding is threadlocker should not be used with heli-coils.
    I believe one of mine had some locker on it after removal and I was surprised. The inserts look a little nicer than Helicoils, but could just be well done and well placed. I can tell you that the helicoils/inserts on my Midwest Industries quad are GARBAGE compared to this Centurion. Just separating the rail as it came from the factory I broke off 2 or 3 small sections of thread and was not happy. It's a two piece quad with FSP cutout. if it didn't have 10 bolts total I would have called MI right then and told them to send me a new one. I'll build it, give it a run, and then see how it holds up.

Feedback Score
    20170921_211957.jpg

Here's a picture of the barrel, rail and BCG. Thanks for the replies and thoughts on the rail screws. I snugged them down and will keep an eye on them. Off to the range tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slimedog; 09-22-17 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    My Trooper came in today. I posted this in my other "first AR-15" thread, thought I'd share it here too. The gun came in pistine condition, seems the blemishes on magwells are quite common as mine got them too.

Feedback Score
    Looks great. I will be picking mine up tomorrow morning. Now I just need to figure out what I want to put on it. Conflicted on a red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    My Trooper came in today. I posted this in my other "first AR-15" thread, thought I'd share it here too. The gun came in pistine condition, seems the blemishes on magwells are quite common as mine got them too.

Feedback Score
    This might be a stupid question as i'm pretty new to AR15s, but swill sweaty palms damage the metal Centurion handguard over time?

Feedback Score
    I just ordered one of these from Buds. They've crept back up a little to $734, but it's still a phenomenal deal for a Colt rifle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm really trying NOT to buy one of the $850 TA31F ACOGs from Arms Unlimited for mine... but damn it'd be sweet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBRT View Post
    I just ordered one of these from Buds. They've crept back up a little to $734, but it's still a phenomenal deal for a Colt rifle.
    I paid $779 at Buds. I must have screwed up and bought at the high, this is exactly why I don't play the stock market. lol It is very interesting to watch, Colt must be giving different prices every time someone calls or places an order, just to screw with us.

Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast