Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daverator View Post
    Pulled from spec sheet:
    SKU LE6920-R Upper Rec. Material 7075-T6 Aluminum Lower Rec. Material 7075-T6 Aluminum
    Upper Rec. Finish Black Hardcoat Anodized Lower Rec. Finish Black Hardcoat Anodized
    Model Name M4 CARBINE Barrel Material 4150 CMV Front Sight None Included
    Caliber 5.56x45MM Barrel Finish Manganese Phosphate Rear Sight None Included
    Capacity 30 + 1 Barrel Technical 1:7RH, 6 Groove, Chrome Lined Fire Mode Semi-Automatic
    First Production 2017 Barrel Length 16.1 in. Trigger Type Single Stage
    Availability Standard Distribution Overall Length 32-35.5 in. (81-90cm) Grip Government A2 Grip
    UPC Code 098289020604 Unloaded Weight 6.5lbs Operating System Direct Gas Impingement, Carbine
    Safeties Reversible Safety Selector Included Accessories 30rd Magpul® PMAG® Magazine,
    Pulled from Range 365 article:
    “The Trooper offers a really great opportunity for fans of the Colt AR-15 platform,” said Justin Baldini, product director for Colt, in a statement. “We set out to create something that is right in line with what today’s Colt M4 customer wants, so we started with our industry-standard LE6920 and worked with Centurion Arms to develop a new M-LOK capable free-floated forend just for the Trooper.”
    The spec-sheet for the base 6920 is pretty much the exact same, word-for-word, especially in the barrel section.

It stands to reason that this is a chrome lined 6920 OEM with an OEM Centurion rail.

IE the best deal coming or going.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just wished I needed an AR, but thats not the case. Happy for the guys that are looking. I love me some Colt and some Cent. rails too.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just wished I needed an AR, but thats not the case. Happy for the guys that are looking. I love me some Colt and some Cent. rails too.

PB
    I am in the same boat. I have a 16" midlength with a Troy rail that is all setup as a fighting rifle. I don't need another 16", and if I do, it would be a DMR from Larue Tactical or some such that is moa/sub-moa. Otherwise, it is an SBR upper / suppressor host.

All that said, I am trying really hard to resist getting another rifle as a loaner...

Feedback Score
    I actually just joined this forum to post here.
    I'd been waiting to find a great price on the mps-b, but kept missing the best sales. I found this on grab a gun for $725 shipped. I pulled the trigger without really thinking.
    So, I know it's new, but on the advertisements, I keep seeing posts that it's awful and overpriced. Not sure why. Does anyone here have one yet? Mine should be here mid week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzo View Post
    I actually just joined this forum to post here.
    I'd been waiting to find a great price on the mps-b, but kept missing the best sales. I found this on grab a gun for $725 shipped. I pulled the trigger without really thinking.
    So, I know it's new, but on the advertisements, I keep seeing posts that it's awful and overpriced. Not sure why. Does anyone here have one yet? Mine should be here mid week.
    Welcome aboard Dizzo. Post pics when you get one!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks like they finally got the hand guard top rail to match the upper rail height. CCU never did on any example I've seen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Until someone can give you a concrete reason why it's overprice and sucks, I wouldn't listen to a word. This is the best deal I have seen on a new AR in a long time. Let the haters hate. This is a darn nuce rifle for well under $800.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cl2 View Post
    I'm not sure what exactly is different between a standard CMR rail and the one the trooper comes with, but here's a shot of the markings on it.
    Looks like the mounting system is missing a screw...

Feedback Score
    Yep. Based on the pictures I've seen of the standard CMR rail, that middle screw looks to secure the rail by passing through a groove in in the barrel nut. Mine is securely mounted, however.

Feedback Score
    That's interesting because that center screw interfaces with the barrel nut, making it near impossible for the rail to move forward. Is that compensated for in some other way? Maybe a torque plate like what MI uses?

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast