Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    Great! I love mine too. You know I could care less about cosmetic crap but mechanical crap I want at least close and Colts usually are.
    I haven't thrown iron sights on it yet, but I shot it yesterday with a trijicon accupower, and it functioned 100% with zero problems. Shot some nice groups as well!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Perfect I need! Thank you
    Sent you a PM.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm glad I bought one of these when I did now that they've been essentially totally bought out. I just wish I actually had mine.

FedEx tracking shows delivery to Colt on Friday the 13th, so now we will see how long it takes for them to fix my broken rail bolt.

Hey 5.56, be careful when you torque the those bolts they're obviously not indestructible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I'm glad I bought one of these when I did now that they've been essentially totally bought out. I just wish I actually had mine.

FedEx tracking shows delivery to Colt on Friday the 13th, so now we will see how long it takes for them to fix my broken rail bolt.

Hey 5.56, be careful when you torque the those bolts they're obviously not indestructible.

I learned my lesson about over torquing with scope rings and an 800 dollar scope once... The scope is fine, the mount had to be destroyed to free the scope.. Not my proudest moment, but not my worst bubba moment either smiley_abused.gif

Some guys here are saying you should have drilled the screw out or whatever, honestly not a bad move sending it to Colt. It is a 250$ rail, so the time will be worth it, and when you get it back you will have one seriously bad ass rifle!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post

Patience is a virtue, applies here. I’m sure they’ll make it right and worth the wait. Keep us posted. Stuff happens, I’ve over torqued a screw or two in my time, as have most people.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really glad I was able to snag two of these before they jacked the prices 35-40%...they were a tremendous value at the low prices seen over the last few weeks. Still a decent value now but I think I'd rather have the CCU for $200-250 more than what the Trooper's will likely be priced at from now on ($950-1,000).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Patience is a virtue, applies here. I’m sure they’ll make it right and worth the wait. Keep us posted. Stuff happens, I’ve over torqued a screw or two in my time, as have most people.
    Yeah, I'm still surprised it got through QC like that though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok, sorry about the low quality picture. It's not bad at all, just slightly off to the right. Not worried about it, but promised pics so here ya go. It's not canted to 1o-clock, it's canted towards 1 o-clock.

Right side look I looking toward muzzle
    20171016_223649.jpg

Left side looking toward buttstock
    20171016_230028.jpg
    Last edited by 5.56 Bonded SP; 10-17-17 at 00:08. Reason: Add pic

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The rail on the second Trooper I just picked up is barely canted just like the pictures above. No big deal, I'll loosen the Allen bolts and re-align it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is everyone setting theirs up? I have a brand new 6720 on the way along with my Trooper and undecided on which one to set up as the most basic "set it and forget it" carbine.

I'm thinking I'll throw an Aimpoint ACO on the 6720 with some 20rd Pmags and let it be the streamlined HD gun, and maybe do a midpowered scope on the Trooper. It sort of feels like a waste to just throw an ACO and MBUSs on the Trooper.

Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast