Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    The CCU uses a different rail, has the Magpul furniture, mid-legth gas, and a LW profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Doesn't look canted. It looks like the top rail is ever so slightly LOWER than the upper rail. This is obvious on almost every picture I've seen of Colt/Centurion guns (CCU, Trooper, EPR) and the ones I've seen locally in stores. Grant has said that this is not the case, but my eyes see what they see. I'm not sure if this is just a tolerance issue or what, but it doesn't seem to affect performance from anyone who's reviewed them.
    This is not the case with my Trooper. There is a slight difference in the machining on the sides below the rail but the part that counts, the top, is perfectly matched, true and level.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    The CCU uses a different rail, has the Magpul furniture, mid-legth gas, and a LW profile.
    Thanks! The rail on the Trooper is fine and I'm not really a fan of LW profile barrels. The Trooper at $700 really was a good deal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Doesn't look canted. It looks like the top rail is ever so slightly LOWER than the upper rail.

It is indeed canted. I don't believe there is a height difference but Ill find that out when I decide to straighten it. ( the method using a scope mount someone mentioned is really smart, thanks ).

The rifle is very lightweight, very much so. I personally like 1-4 optics, and I have an astigmatism so red dots only work for me decently during day time. I find a 1-4 just about as fast as a red dot, with the added benefit of being able to make very accurate shots at distance off hand, you just sacrifice adding an additional 6oz on the rifle vs running an aimpoint pro. For me it is worth it, my Trooper with the Trijicon Accupower on it is still my lightest carbine that is fully setup at the moment.

I'll just slap on some buis in case the 1-4 ever takes a shit, and maybe a flashlight and call it good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
    I dropped by my LGS the other day and was looking to see if they had a Trooper. I saw what looked to be the same Centurion rail, but the gun was $1200 and had the SLR stock, so it must have been the CCU.

Does the CCU use the same rail as the Trooper? If so, I'm not sure where the premium is on the CCU besides the Mapgul furniture and mid-length gas system.

The CCU is a midlength with a lightweight barrel I believe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The CCU uses a different rail,

What is the difference? They looked identical on the website?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    What is the difference? They looked identical on the website?
    The rail is secured to the barrel nut differently with only 2 allen screws, and there's no QD sling attachment points F&R. I believe that the Trooper rail is product specific, while the CCU uses the standard CMR.
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The rail is secured to the barrel nut differently with only 2 allen screws, and there's no QD sling attachment points F&R. I believe that the Trooper rail is product specific, while the CCU uses the standard CMR.
    So aside from mounting and QD.. The overall rail dimensions are the same?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    So aside from mounting and QD.. The overall rail dimensions are the same?
    I can't speak on the dimensions definitively, I can measure the tube on my Trooper when I get home though.

Here's the specs on the CMR from Centurion.

Width: 1.39(body of tube) 1.75 (at QD sling swivels)
    Height: 1.910(body of tube)
    Inside diameter: 1.230

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post

Does the CCU use the same rail as the Trooper? If so, I'm not sure where the premium is on the CCU besides the Mapgul furniture and mid-length gas system.
    Seriously guys, this has ALL been covered. Pages 1 through 4 or so, in this thread.

Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast