Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    if anyone is interested, grabagun has one in stock for $709. I don't need another one so someone go get it lol.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Finally got my RMA email yesterday and shipped my rifle back to Colt. Now the clock begins, and it would be really cool if I could have the gun back before Thanksgiving.
    I’ve been back and forth with Colt for weeks now. They got my rifle in Mid May and when I call to check in the status they (Cory and Chris) say “we don’t know where your rifle is. I’m gonna go to the shop and I’ll call you back tomorrow.” I never get a call back, and when I call them back they say “Couldn’t find it when I was at the shop today. I’ll call you tomorrow” it’s like Groundhog Day!

Getting a little peeved they’ve had this rifle so long, but happy they are fixing it under a warranty claim.

I say this only to let others know that I probably wouldn’t rely on their CS unless you absolutely have to.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’ve been back and forth with Colt for weeks now. They got my rifle in Mid May and when I call to check in the status they (Cory and Chris) say “we don’t know where your rifle is. I’m gonna go to the shop and I’ll call you back tomorrow.” I never get a call back, and when I call them back they say “Couldn’t find it when I was at the shop today. I’ll call you tomorrow” it’s like Groundhog Day!

Getting a little peeved they’ve had this rifle so long, but happy they are fixing it under a warranty claim.

I say this only to let others know that I probably wouldn’t rely on their CS unless you absolutely have to.

You can find all kinds of cool contact info on LinkedIn including Directors, and SVPs of Quality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah Cory is my boy. It only took him three days and three phone calls to email me the RMA paperwork.

Feedback Score
    Yeah Cory is my boy. It only took him three days and three phone calls to email me the RMA paperwork.
    Hopefully yours goes a little quicker, especially since it’s a brand new gun and totally on Colt. Euro’s has been there a looong time but different circumstances all together.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    Hopefully yours goes a little quicker, especially since it’s a brand new gun and totally on Colt. Euro’s has been there a looong time but different circumstances all together.
    No doubt. I think and hope they will just swap out the bolt without doing any test firing or anything like that.

I’m glad Colt makes good kit because if they didn’t their CS leaves a lot to be desired.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh no that's the best part. They *insist* on test firing, but if *any* LE or Mil contract stuff comes in they'll hold mine until they get through all that.

It's been a week since my tracking showed delivery to their facility and I haven't heard anything yet. I'll start chasing it via phone Wednesday - 10 business days after arrival.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flshooter556 View Post
    if anyone is interested, grabagun has one in stock for $709. I don't need another one so someone go get it lol.
    Looks like they bumped it up to $977.43.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Oh no that's the best part. They *insist* on test firing, but if *any* LE or Mil contract stuff comes in they'll hold mine until they get through all that.

It's been a week since my tracking showed delivery to their facility and I haven't heard anything yet. I'll start chasing it via phone Wednesday - 10 business days after arrival.
    I think it was 10-14 days after my rifle was received by Colt that I got a letter In the mail with my repair order and detailed list of what went wrong with Serial# and such.

It said not to call before 30 days from the date of that letter because that’s how long they expect to take repairing warranty work.

I didn’t call until day 150 or so I think what they do is repair a big batch of them at a time. So CS gets the guns and sends a rack over to the gunsmith who fixes on individually and then puts it back in the rack until they’re all fixed and then sends it back to CS for shipping.

But I could be wrong
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-20-17 at 00:17.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    Looks like they bumped it up to $977.43.
    Yep, and I’ve seen prices on line for the 6920 Trooper now over $1,000.

When the Trooper was selling on line for $700, it was a steal. For $1,000, I’d have to look at spending a few bucks more and gonwith the Colt 6960 CCU. The stock and pistol grip shipped on the 6960 is what I would have bought and installed on a Trooper anyway. Substract that cost and the current price difference between the Trooper and the CCU isn’t that much.

I was planning on buying a Trooper, but held off because I don’t NEED a new AR right now. I was going to order one next week. Waited a week too long. Story of my life...

Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast