Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not going to guarantee this is correct, but I think Colt incorporated the web into the lower many years ago to eliminate the possibility of dropping go fast parts of the time into them.

Any aftermarket trigger of traditional operational design, whether separate components or of singular cassette construction, will work in modern Colt lowers .
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-06-17 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    Would love to hear more about the sear web.

Does this preclude one from using an aftermarket trigger, or does it require the "large" pin?
    New guns do not need the large pin. They stopped using the large pin around 2008ish?

The only aftermarket triggers I use are Geissele, the SSA to be specific. There are absolutely no issues installing SSA trigger into a Colt lower. As I have no intent to convert my Colt 6920's to select fire, the sear web to me is a non-issue.

Feedback Score

Took my Trooper out yesterday and noticed this. Any reason for concern?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post

Took my Trooper out yesterday and noticed this. Any reason for concern?
    IMHO totally up to you. Even though that is probably just a cosmetic defect, that will not effect functionality, I guess it could be a weak spot if you ever dropped the rifle. Looks like a grinder got away from somebody. I’m thinking QC should have rejected something like that, as it’s not just a typical minor ding or scratch. It’s your rifle so your decision, if it bothers you call Colt. I’m betting Colt would replace it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    IMHO totally up to you. Even though that is probably just a cosmetic defect, that will not effect functionality, I guess it could be a weak spot if you ever dropped the rifle. Looks like a grinder got away from somebody. I’m thinking QC should have rejected something like that, as it’s not just a typical minor ding or scratch. It’s your rifle so your decision, if it bothers you call Colt. I’m betting Colt would replace it.
    Really, my only concern is if it could potentially be a weak area. Cosmetically, I couldn't care less.

Feedback Score
    I’m with ya. I have never complained about a minor cosmetic flaw, that, is imho a little past that. If it were mine, I’d probably not be willing to live with it. I hope this helps you. I honestly, would call Colt and make them replace it. Like I said, that’s more than a minor cosmetic flaw in my book.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Assuming that wasn't my only rifle and sending it in meant being without, I'd probably contact them about that. It would irritate me and I agree with the above, that's beyond what you ought to expect, that's a definite "blem" part even by the rough appearance Colt standards

But if you can look past it, it still probably doesn't make a difference

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Assuming that wasn't my only rifle and sending it in meant being without, I'd probably contact them about that. It would irritate me and I agree with the above, that's beyond what you ought to expect, that's a definite "blem" part even by the rough appearance Colt standards

But if you can look past it, it still probably doesn't make a difference
    I have a feeling that if I don't send it it, it will always be something that doesn't sit well in the back of my mind. I'll contact Colt and see how they handle it. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Last edited by Jewell; 11-08-17 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    So I just got off the phone with Colt c/s. They told me I could go ahead and send it in now if I wanted to, or I could wait a few months, enjoy shooting it, and send it in sometime before the year warranty is up and not only would they fix the blemished lower, they would also inspect it and replace anything else that may need replacing.

Feedback Score
    Now that’s what I would want to hear from CS. If it were mine, I would send now. Did they email you a shipping label?

Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast