Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Palm closing their doors for good . . .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Exclamation US Palm closing their doors for good . . .

Blows, IMHO they made the most ergonomic and comfortable pistol grip for the AK pattern platform. Have at least one of their AK Battle grips and Battle mags in all the colors they have offered. It appears online vendors are sold out and used grips are going for $60 on the AK EE's out there. Good thing I sourced plenty of their grips for future rifles when I found great deals/sales.

Posted on their FB page yesterday:

All good things must come to an end, and this is ours at US PALM. We certainly appreciate all of our very ardent fans, followers, customers and cohorts in crime. Each of you contributed in building the brand, and without you, we wouldn't have had the run we did. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL, YOU MADE THE JUICE WORTH THE SQEEZE!

US PALM was a great experience, and we hope we contributed as much as we received. But in the end, a downsizing economy, industry instability, and internal factors all lined up and dealt us the final coup de gras.

Moving forward we're happy to say that some of our designs will be finding new homes, while others will be lost in the process.
    On that note, please consider liking and following our industry associates who will be continuing on in our spirit of providing outstanding innovative gear, and offering a select handful of our more enduring designs under their label:
    Armor Products, vests and packs: Armor ExpressBags, pouches, Cargo Cuffs, etc. Wilderness Tactical Products
    K9 items: K-9EDGE

I can't sum up my feelings more succinctly on deciding to finally pull the pin, better than to quote Vince Lombardi:
    "Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
    Have a good 'un, and Happy Trails.

Robert Anderson
    Founder
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    1 in 2 working Americans is making less than $30,000 a year. Let's process that for a moment and know with certainty that lots of companies that cater to this market aren't going to make it as a result.

But hey, Wall Street is hitting record highs. I'm sure it will trickle down one day and people will be able to afford stuff again without dipping into diaper and rent money.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    1 in 2 working Americans is making less than $30,000 a year. Let's process that for a moment and know with certainty that lots of companies that cater to this market aren't going to make it as a result.

But hey, Wall Street is hitting record highs. I'm sure it will trickle down one day and people will be able to afford stuff again without dipping into diaper and rent money.
    1 in 2 making less than 30k ???? Can you provide the source for this ? It just seems unrealistic and false. I employ a fair number of people, evenmy front office staff earn 40k for 7a to 2pm hours (paid 1/2 hr lunch too!)plus benefits!

Feedback Score
    I digressed in my prior response....Unfortunate US Palm is closing, when I owned AK's all my mags were US Palm.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I like the Battle grip but they can keep their mags.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks like the website is already down too, no luck on closeouts!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    I digressed in my prior response....Unfortunate US Palm is closing, when I owned AK's all my mags were US Palm.
    For a very long time they had the only quality US-made magazine. Then Magpul showed up and...

I believe their grips were actually made by TangoDown; at the least, the TD AR grips have the same shape and texture. It might be that TangoDown will now sell the same type of AK grip. (They might need to pay a royalty to US Palm's owner, depending on who created the grip and what contract they had; that's not my business.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    1 in 2 making less than 30k ???? Can you provide the source for this ? It just seems unrealistic and false.
    From https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/netcomp.cgi?year=2015 :

The "raw" average wage, computed as net compensation divided by the number of wage earners, is $7,415,815,996,013.90 divided by 160,794,699, or $46,119.78. Based on data in the table below, about 67.4 percent of wage earners had net compensation less than or equal to the $46,119.78 raw average wage. By definition, 50 percent of wage earners had net compensation less than or equal to the median wage, which is estimated to be $29,930.13 for 2015.
    https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/netcomp.cgi?year=2016

Data for 2016 will be available in mid October 2017.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That counts everyone who "earned a wage" including the kid working 10-15 hours a week in high school for fun money, and the grandfather "working" two days a week as a starter at the golf course because as an employee he gets to play for free.

That number is BS and total propaganda. The AVERAGE NET COMPENSATION in the US is $46,119.78 (from the SSA) and thats a far more honest number that still factors in the low earners while not allowing such a skew of the numbers.

Sucks to see a MFG closing, but at the end of the day a huge overestimation of production due to the potential consequences of our last election left a whole lot of companies holding more inventory than they could sell. This will be the first, but not the last, casualty of last years run ups along with other economic factors (rising cost of debt is a big one on commercial lines of credit). But hey, easier to point the finger at some suits and say "the bankers are the problem."
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    That number is BS and total propaganda.
    *shrug* All I did was provide the source. Suppositions, opinions, and interpretations are up to the reader. That Said™, I'm pretty sure there isn't an overwhelming bulk of "kid[s] working 10-15 hours a week in high school for fun money" nor "grandfather[s] 'working' two days a week as a starter at the golf course because as an employee [they get] to play for free" that cause a 35% discrepancy in the figures. Sure, there are some included in the cited 160,794,699 "wage earners," but keep in mind that the Forbes 400, all of whom by definition are American (and none of whom are bankers), possess $2,400,000,000,000 ($2.4 trillion with a T), or about 32% of that figure.

Nearly 1/3 of the net value held by .00024% - now that would skew the numbers dramatically. If we take the Forbes 400 net worth from the $7.4 Trillion, we're left with just under $31,100 per "wage earner" - which is far closer to the $29,930.13 figure published by the Social Security Administration. Finally from there, we can figure in "kid[s] working 10-15 hours a week in high school for fun money" nor "grandfather[s] 'working' two days a week as a starter at the golf course because as an employee [they get] to play for free" to account for the ~$1,000 annual difference.

Sucks to see a MFG closing, but at the end of the day a huge overestimation of production due to the potential consequences of our last election left a whole lot of companies holding more inventory than they could sell. This will be the first, but not the last, casualty of last years run ups along with other economic factors (rising cost of debt is a big one on commercial lines of credit).
    I agree with you there, though. The firearms market was a Panic Bubble that we're watching burst. I just wish the Cerberus Group was the first casualty, personally.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast