Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: US Palm closing their doors for good . . .

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Perhaps that is the company US Palm sold their molds and copyright to....

The only thing I would be leery about is the materials that PTS utilizes, they might look and feel the same but if they went el cheapo on the recipe there could be an issue.

Thanks for the heads up though, never heard of them before.
    It's possible they bought the molds, but they've been producing their copies since 2015. I'd have to look back through my Amazon account to see when I purchased mine, but I think it's been about 2 years. I have no idea if it's the same exact polymer recipe or not. Mine is mounted on my beater rifle, and has survived a two day carbine class, multiple range trips, and being tossed around behind the seat of my pickup. I haven't done any AKOU type torture tests but it's survived everything I've thrown at it so far.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The only thing I would be leery about is the materials that PTS utilizes, they might look and feel the same but if they went el cheapo on the recipe there could be an issue.
    PTS used to be Magpul-PTS, when they produced licensed Magpul products for the airsoft market. Since parting ways with Magpul, they've been producing other licensed versions as well as their own designs. I've been using two of their PTS grips on my ARs as well as their PMAG baseplates for a couple of years without issues. I don't think they'd be any worse than any aftermarket nylon/plastic grip out there; especially AK ones.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    PTS used to be Magpul-PTS, when they produced licensed Magpul products for the airsoft market. Since parting ways with Magpul, they've been producing other licensed versions as well as their own designs. I've been using two of their PTS grips on my ARs as well as their PMAG baseplates for a couple of years without issues. I don't think they'd be any worse than any aftermarket nylon/plastic grip out there; especially AK ones.
    Okay, I remember hearing about an airsoft outfit that Mapgul licensed their products to so I guess I have heard of them after all.

Thanks for the info.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well this is good news for fans of the AK Battle grip . . .

(it appears TD is producing the "gen 1" AK grips with storage compartment)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Down
    It’s back, and back to stay. A few years back, TangoDown® Inc was contracted to design and manufacture the next evolution AK grip for a twice-defunct start-up company in Arizona. It became one of the most popular aftermarket improvements to the AK rifle, ever.

We always liked the product, and the shooting public did too, showering us with emails to bring it back to the commercial market. So, after joining forces with the company that now owns their AK product assets, the BG-AK grip is now available again. The same grip, by the original designers, from the original molds.

Beware of cheap imitations!
    https://tangodown.com/bg-ak-battlegrip/
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well this is good news for fans of the AK Battle grip . . .

(it appears TD is producing the "gen 1" AK grips with storage compartment)
    Even better news...US PALM is coming back baby!!! http://www.uspalm.com/

And a photo from their Facebook page...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Even better news...US PALM is coming back baby!!! http://www.uspalm.com/

And a photo from their Facebook page...

Saw that.

I think moving forward if I ever need a new grip for a Kalashnikov I'll obtain the Tango Down version as they are the original designers, own the original molds, and use the rubber trap door / storage compartment. US Palm had to omit that feature due to licensing iirc.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I talked with the new owners of US Palm at Red Oktober. Great guys, and they are looking to move full steam ahead on the AK market once again. I'm excited to see what their future holds.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234