Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibratory Tumblers and Media

Feedback Score
    Hey Markm, what Berry's model did you get?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Hey Markm, what Berry's model did you get?
    The small one. The 400, I think. It's deceptively small. Runs rings around the others.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The Barry's 400 seems nice. When I tried the Lyman's with red rouge I found it in the actions of a few rifles -- and although I can't prove it I seem to think it contributed to some throat wear.

I've been abusing a Thumbler's Ultra-Vibe 18 since 1990.

I'm told this corn cob blasting media (available through Grainger or Fastenal, I think) doesn't stick in flash holes: https://www.zoro.com/value-brand-bla...40/i/G1695775/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    When I tried the Lyman's with red rouge I found it in the actions of a few rifles -- and although I can't prove it I seem to think it contributed to some throat wear.
    I believe it. I tumble a second time in plain media. That rouge sticks inside brass badly.

Feedback Score
    I saw a few videos of guys comparing media and the red rouge powder was consistently left inside the cartridges. Seems like you are just teeing yourself up for just more work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The small one. The 400, I think. It's deceptively small. Runs rings around the others.
    If this is the unit you have https://www.berrysmfg.com/item/model-400, it looks like a good replacement for my worn 20+ year old Dillon tumbler. The Dillon unit is a bit noisy.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-12-17 at 15:35.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I use a Hornady tumbler with corn cob media and couple drops of Flitz media polish/additive. I reload about 8 feet from the tumbler while it is running and I don't find the noise obnoxious otherwise it would be outside.

The corncob media with Flitz gets a good polish and doesn't stay in the brass after I shake it free.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use an RCBS tumbler. It was a gift from my Mom when I was first getting into reloading. It does exactly what I want it to do. It has done so for a number of years. I have used reloading specific media as well as lizard bedding. I don't care about super bright, but I do like my brass clean. I use a couple drops of Nu-Finish every one in a while. I also use a piece of USED dryer sheet to cut down on dust. If the dryer sheet is new it will leave residue in your media and on your brass.

Chubbs

Feedback Score
    Good to know concerning the USED dryer sheet.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Seems like you are just teeing yourself up for just more work.
    No question. The stuff is interesting. But it gets all over my hands and stuff. I'm going to keep running it to see how long it takes for all the rouge to dust out of the media/bowl.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12