Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chicago, sanctuary city status and federal grants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    True, but then all the grants could just disappear and the surplus used to build a wall.
    Arguably, the money from those grants impacts folks well beyond the city administration. Lets say you curtail federal funding for education to Chicago (probably not the best example) not only does that impact the City Administration, it also impacts the teachers who lose their jobs, the grocers who they buy their groceries from, the gas stations, etc.

Essentially, every dollar added to or taken away from an economy has a ripple effect of up to 1.40 plus or minus. This is a realistic figure, not the pie in the sky 6.00 or 7.00 dollars that someone writing a grant for development will try to convince a local government.

Bottom line is akin to the old saying, 'don't cut off your nose to spite your face.'

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I believe the influence of illegal's voting is vastly overstated. I live in Kansas, KKK Kobach has been trying to find an illegal immigrant voting ever since he's been in office. So far what he's found are confused Republicans, for the most part elderly. Trust me, if he actually caught an illegal immigrant voting, we'd know.

Voter ID legislation is, IMO, a thinly disguised effort to marginalize the voters who are most likely to vote Democrat. If it was about the sanctity of the vote then guys like Kobach would be caging both Democrat AND Republican voting lists. They don't, and it ain't.

I know most of you think I'm a fool, but damn, I like things to be fair and above board.

If we want the metro areas to be anything but Democrat, we need to give them a reason to switch. That doesn't mean giving them more free stuff, it means fixing the stuff that causes abject poverty in those areas, giving folks a way out of poverty that they can see. Ain't going to happen over night, it will never happen if we don't get serious about it.

ETA - BTW I totally endorse the sentiments of the young man in Moose-Knuckles post #15.

Voter ID legislation is to keep Democrats from scamming the system- which is how Obama won twice and how Hillary almost won. There is easily ten to fifteen percent voter fraud coming from the Democrat side per election already.

7n6

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Voter ID legislation is to keep Democrats from scamming the system- which is how Obama won twice and how Hillary almost won. There is easily ten to fifteen percent voter fraud coming from the Democrat side per election already.

7n6
    While I don't doubt this, do you have actual data from a credible source (i.e. not InfoWarz or similar) to back this claim?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    While I don't doubt this, do you have actual data from a credible source (i.e. not InfoWarz or similar) to back this claim?

I'm not pulling all that right now. You can look it up per precinct/county where they have upwards of 130% turnout in some heavily Democrat districts and estimates running with millions of illegal votes cast. The statistic I remember was one out of eight Democrat votes were suspect.

Good article on just illegal immigrant voter fraud;

http://www.fairus.org/issue/noncitiz...-u-s-elections
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-12-17 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am required to present photo identification when I purchase a firearm, purchase cold medicine, cash a check at the bank or if I am stopped for speeding. There are not many things as important as voting and I would not take issue with my being required to show photo ID when I vote. Any political party that stands to gain from unqualified people voting in an election would find Voter ID legislation threatening.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I am required to present photo identification when I purchase a firearm, purchase cold medicine, cash a check at the bank or if I am stopped for speeding. There are not many things as important as voting and I would not take issue with my being required to show photo ID when I vote. Any political party that stands to gain from unqualified people voting in an election would find Voter ID legislation threatening.
    I agree.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm in favor of common sense voter verification.

Explain to me how a 4473 is OK but we can't have a 4474 for voting? Do we really want mentally ill people getting their hands on a ballot?

And to those that think illegal voting is so rare, we wouldn't have this thread. Politicians don't care about anyone who can't vote for them, so why are there sanctuary cities? Is it a coincidence they are run by the same party that opposes checking a voters ID?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I'm in favor of common sense voter verification.

Explain to me how a 4473 is OK but we can't have a 4474 for voting? Do we really want mentally ill people getting their hands on a ballot?

And to those that think illegal voting is so rare, we wouldn't have this thread. Politicians don't care about anyone who can't vote for them, so why are there sanctuary cities? Is it a coincidence they are run by the same party that opposes checking a voters ID?
    Might as well have background checks, phycological checks, and pay a fee. We have to for the 2nd so why not the 15th? The first time that they charge a $200 fee to vote people would SH$# themselves. But it is OK for the second. How about all of the Batsh#$ crazy libtards get their right to vote taken away because they are not sane and I feel threatened by them?

I guess all Amendments are not created equal..........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Might as well have background checks, phycological checks, and pay a fee. We have to for the 2nd so why not the 15th? The first time that they charge a $200 fee to vote people would SH$# themselves. But it is OK for the second. How about all of the Batsh#$ crazy libtards get their right to vote taken away because they are not sane and I feel threatened by them?

I guess all Amendments are not created equal..........
    And if you don't own property, or make enough money to actually "pay" taxes....?
    I don't think people being encouraged to vote themselves a raise from the public coffers was ever the intent of the Founding Fathers.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    And if you don't own property, or make enough money to actually "pay" taxes....?
    I don't think people being encouraged to vote themselves a raise from the public coffers was ever the intent of the Founding Fathers.
    Exactly my point. If I am not mistaken you had to own land to vote when the Founding Fathers set this up. There may have been a reason behind their thinking..........

It is amazing how people will spend so much time to work the system as apposed to actually working.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234