Thread: Colt Special Combat 1911

Feedback Score

Colt Special Combat 1911

Anybody know anything about a Colt 1911 called the "Special Combat"? Saw one at the lgs for about $1300. Just wondering about it...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Never owned one, but that gun's MSRP is just over 2k. My experience with a couple new mfg. Colts I have worked on is that they are very solid pistols. Don't know the round count/condition of that gun, but Colt's have a very loyal following and if you weren't happy with it for some reason, you'd have no problem selling it on a forum- IMO. The Special Combat has many of the features that Colt should be putting on their line level guns- beavertail, ambi safety and mag well. Only thing I don't like about it is many of the Special Combat's have the Bomar style, target rear sight that hangs off the rear of the slide. It would be my suggestion that if you're looking for a carry the gun, you might opt for the version that has the Novak LoMount adjustable rear sight- it's much more durable and won't snag on clothes or gear.

My 2 cents, but if it's the one with the Novak LoMount adjustable rear- $1300 seems like a great price.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    It's a Colt custom shop gun. If there's one with the features you like I'd say go for it. Never heard a bad report on one. Think of it like the Springfield armory custom shop but colts version.