Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical Ultimate AR Upper Kit Sale - A sign of the times?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

LaRue Tactical Ultimate AR Upper Kit Sale - A sign of the times?

As the title says LaRue is having an Upper Kit sale. For just about 800.00 you can have a complete LaRue Upper, plus trigger, estension and stock in black, for just about 900.00 in FDE or UDE. This is a complete rifle absent the lower receiver.

I have no connection with LaRue, saw this on another site, asked the wife if she'd loan me a 1,000 (I've over spent my w/o permission budget this month) and 5 minutes later had one order in 6.5 Grendel FDE.

Here's the link: http://www.larue.com/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit

Now here is the question, is this a sign that what I perceive as upper end companies like LaRue are feeling the crunch of dropping sales?

I would have expected that their customer base is more astute and that their sales somewhat steady. I felt that they, and others such as Noveske and KAC, would be mostly immune from the sudden spike and corresponding big drop that the fear-based frenzy of first time buyers caused.

Just curious. Regardless, IMO it is a helluva deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personal observation with Larue is that have been cutting prices(Polymer sale 50% off for example as well as a "sale" on their quad rails which has them about 1/3 off.) for quite some time. I have the feeling that they are feeling the crunch as much as anyone and considering they really haven't innovated as much as others and lost market share due to other manufacturers like Bobro in regards to mounts they need to do something to bring new market share. Time will tell how well they do and how they last.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Personal observation with Larue is that have been cutting prices(Polymer sale 50% off for example as well as a "sale" on their quad rails which has them about 1/3 off.) for quite some time..
    I hadn't been following them so wasn't aware of that. I jumped because it just so happened I was planning on building a 6.5 upper next month and had figured it would run me 810.00 for just the upper. As it is since I have a stripped lower sitting in the safe I'll have the entire rifle for that. I was planning on using a BA barrel, BCM Blem Upper, Giessele Super Charging Handle and gas block, with an ALG ERGO rail, so I didn't think I'd be too far off either way on components.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Thanks, Now I have to borrow a grand from my wife!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I saw this, great deal. As was the sale of their triggers for 99$ recently.

I think companies are trying to dump stock to free up capitol for new products or at least get cut down on over stock.

Larue is not going anywhere. I have also read before that Marc Larue has sold items at a loss in order to edge out competitors and gain entry into that market, this is internet hearsay.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'd bet it's not as much companies hurting as it is the supply finally keeping up with demand and having excess capacity. I am sure many of the major players tooled up over the last nearly 6 years now, as soon as the Republican Congress majority took over so they knew Obama would have little to no chance to pass a revised assualt ban. Now, what you have is quality (and others) manufacturers with the ability to pump out serious product, a platform that has seen a meteoric rise in popularity, a reboundes economy where more people have discretionary spending, and no shortage of raw materials. The formula for producing quality barrels, receivers, BCGs is the same it has always been. So if you own the IP AND don't need to innovate, and you've already tooled up and covered your capital costs, while demand continues to rise, you can afford to lower prices to sell more as you have essentially moved to a text book variable margin scenario.

Feedback Score
    I see it as an opportunity to get people into your product line that normally would be excluded by pricing or that they are a boutique manufacturer. I have jumped on a few of the deals and this latest one is a great price as long as the quality is maintained. Quality that I don't think Larue would scrimp on as they are know for their quality above all else. For me I am on the fence as I want to purchase the 6.5 set up but am considering .223 for a build for my son for next year. Trying not to say F it and buy both.

I do think they have capacity now and the gun industries best salesman retired last year so sales are returning to normal after 8 years fear driven sales.

Feedback Score
    I was all excited, until they made me buy a muzzle device I don't want/need, and a polymer combo/receiver extension I would replace anyway. That's $200 wasted. From a drawn-down menu, I expected differently =better.
    I love it when manufacturers offer a la carte menus, with NONE being one of the options.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Thanks, I just spit my drink all over my monitor.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Thanks, I just spit my drink all over my monitor.
    Maybe he's like me, I'm constantly about 3 months ahead of my firearms/motorcycle budget, the wife doesn't complain about me slipping the occasional 25.00 over out of the stash, but when it comes to a grand, I need to ask for a 'loan.'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast