Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical Ultimate AR Upper Kit Sale - A sign of the times?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just wish they would sell their lowers. Then for $1150 you could have a full rifle.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
    I was all excited, until they made me buy a muzzle device I don't want/need, and a polymer combo/receiver extension I would replace anyway. That's $200 wasted. From a drawn-down menu, I expected differently =better.
    I love it when manufacturers offer a la carte menus, with NONE being one of the options.
    The muzzle device won't be pinned, so get it and sell it, same with the trigger housing. Even taking a slight hit on those, you're still way ahead with everything else.

Feedback Score
    Turning election panic stock back into cash since HRC didn't win, and leaning out before year-end inventory would be my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post

I have also read before that Marc Larue has sold items at a loss in order to edge out competitors and gain entry into that market, this is internet hearsay.
    I have been told the same thing multiple times by various manufacturers, to include giving away large amounts of product. Giving away product comes into the realm of advertising, so I don't look at that as out of the ordinary until you get to the point of demanding things in return or holding it over someone.

When did KAC introduce their locking collar rail system? Daniel Defense came out with a version a few years later, and a few years after that LT came out with the same thing. Does the current market really support a 15-20 year old rail system? I don't think so, and based on the total lack of seeing them in the wild (and even on the internet anymore), I would guess most people have gone away from them.

There was never a shock with LT trigger pricing, especially after the foaming at the mouth rants which were allowed on arfcom against Mr Geissele. Every manufacturer I knew voiced their opinion that LT would cut prices if Geissele drop their price structure. When the triggers didn't take off the way the internet shills pretended, the intro price and subsequent pricing stayed low. It appears those people were all correct.

Polymers are a different story in that the stocks and grips made by LT have never caught on or been widely accepted. Even the most loyal of LT online groupies continually buy Magpul, and I can't fault them for that as I don't recall anyone ever saying or posting that the LT stock was attractive. Then again, the SOPMOD angle has been enjoyed time and time again, and we all know looks should place second to functionality (at least for the real world).

I don't think there is a manufacturer out there who is free from the bite after Obama left office. The continual fear of things being banned led to an increase and stockpile in parts that are cost money, time, resources, and now are taking up space. There are plenty of places that have closed up shop.

Supply and demand still set the pace. If people aren't interested in products (for whatever reason), there are few ways a company can get quick cash flow aside from cutting prices and selling things on the cheap.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    my first observation after checking the link was that you cant get the kit without buying the tranquilo break for $99
    definitely wouldn't want one of those (AAC/surefire invested already) and that $99 item has a lot of margin built into it I imagine

Feedback Score
    I don't see a market for a Tranquillo muzzle device, and I'd have to almost give away the receiver extension and stock. Who wants them?
    So, for me it's @198 +tax on those, which means about $215 totally useless. This is about 20% of the package. Which makes the deal not so appealing, considering the detailed menu -which does NOT offer a NONE option.
    I'll pass.

Feedback Score
    Same as others have mentioned, the lack of a none option on the drop down was sort of a turn off.

Feedback Score
    First post on this forum, longtime AR15.com member, branching out a little. I think that some of these companies are feeling the crunch from a panic buy market to now a buyer's market. Less demand means these companies are fighting for business with each other. I believe these deals will only continue. The average person can't afford some of his rifles, and I think this is a great way to get into that market with more budget minded people. I actually think it's a great business move in a changing market. I think he's gonna start selling those elusive lowers again. Just a hunch.

Feedback Score
    I've tried a few qd optic mounts from a few companies and I think LaRue qd mounts are still the best in the industry. Maybe there is hope for their triggers. Everything else not so much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatMedic73 View Post
    First post on this forum, longtime AR15.com member, branching out a little. I think that some of these companies are feeling the crunch from a panic buy market to now a buyer's market. Less demand means these companies are fighting for business with each other. I believe these deals will only continue. The average person can't afford some of his rifles, and I think this is a great way to get into that market with more budget minded people. I actually think it's a great business move in a changing market. I think he's gonna start selling those elusive lowers again. Just a hunch.

Of course, they don't even make the lowers. It is easy enough to tell the actual supplier that they want X amount and pay for them after they are sold. Pay bills on time and magic happens.

Welcome to the board! While this board does put up with much less BS than arfcom does, the information tends to be much more factual. The guys who post garbage and parrot what they have read and don't actually know anything about tend to get shut down. The same things happens with clowns and trolls, so you should find this a bit slower moving, but a much cleaner site when it comes to legit info.

I agree with you that deals will continue to surface as we see sales slow down.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast