Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket trigger for SBR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Geissele SSA and done. Expensive, but worth it. Great for both precision shooting and rapid fire. Oh, and noticeably better by far over a stock, or even "enhanced" trigger.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I run Geissele triggers in all my AR's.

SBR has the SD-C. LE6920 has the SD-C and my other, large pin LE6920, has the SSA.

It is common for me to shoot out to 100 yards and at times (range dependent) 300 yards. Those are the only styles of triggers I will put into an AR rifle.

Feedback Score
    Both PSA and Brownells are running Labor Day sales on Geissele products. You might be able to get what you want at up to 30% off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I run Geissele triggers in all my AR's.

SBR has the SD-C. LE6920 has the SD-C and my other, large pin LE6920, has the SSA.

It is common for me to shoot out to 100 yards and at times (range dependent) 300 yards. Those are the only styles of triggers I will put into an AR rifle.
    This. The "problem" is that once I got used to the quality of Geissele, I've been putting SSAs in my ARs. I even put one in my DDM4, and the DD had a decent trigger,

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    This. The "problem" is that once I got used to the quality of Geissele, I've been putting SSAs in my ARs. I even put one in my DDM4, and the DD had a decent trigger,
    +1. Geissele triggers have basically ruined me for anything else. I run the SSA in my AR's and a Scar 16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
    Yay or nay?
    It's a Colt 6933. Trigger is stock, mil-spec whatever Colt made. Meh...
    I've been spoiled by Geissele SSA and SSA-E. Not even a LMT two-stage comes close. But the price is steep.
    The rifle will have -in the future- a non-magnified RDS. I plan to use it for close range stuff (home defense, 100 yds local range), not for half-a-mile shots.
    Is it worth to upgrade to an aftermarket trigger?
    Which one?
    If you like it and it adds performance, speed/accuracy at speed, I'd say 100% go for it.

That said, there may be an in between. I have sionics enhanced, it's nice, like a worn in stock trigger, not a Gisselle, but may add speed.

I need to find my shot timer and do a side by side with the stock.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-03-17 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have had good luck with the Timney Gold cassette triggers.

Feedback Score
    Update: life got in the way. Missed all the Labor Day sales. Waiting for Black Friday ones.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
    Yay or nay?
    It's a Colt 6933. Trigger is stock, mil-spec whatever Colt made. Meh...
    I've been spoiled by Geissele SSA and SSA-E. Not even a LMT two-stage comes close. But the price is steep.
    The rifle will have -in the future- a non-magnified RDS. I plan to use it for close range stuff (home defense, 100 yds local range), not for half-a-mile shots.
    Is it worth to upgrade to an aftermarket trigger?
    Which one?
    If it absolutely, positively, MUST work..... only Geissele triggers have been tested by CRANE for brutal reliability. Many other high quality options on the market, but Geissele is peerless WRT to toughness and reliability.

I use an SSA-E on my SBR. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Just curious.
    "only Geissele triggers have been tested by CRANE for brutal reliability" It was the SSA and the SSA-F that were tested and adopted, not every trigger model from the G lineup?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast