Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aftermarket trigger for SBR?

Feedback Score
    KAC & Geissele trigger user here but I did have an opportunity to install & try out Larue's MBT in my brother-in-law's rig. Great trigger at a very good price (he picked it up on sale for $99). The MBT compared well w/ my SSAs. Nice + was the inclusion of a 2nd spring for a higher pull weight if desired.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
    Just curious.
    "only Geissele triggers have been tested by CRANE for brutal reliability" It was the SSA and the SSA-F that were tested and adopted, not every trigger model from the G lineup?
    The geometry of the sear interface is the only difference between the SS series. So, the implication your semantic highlight draws is incorrect from a technical perspective.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 09-26-17 at 10:04.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    LOL! OP, your about a month and half from your original post. Are you any closer to a decision? I love analysis paralysis!

Personally, I prefer single stage triggers. My first high dollar trigger purchase was a Wilson Combat TTU. Their drop-in, single stage has been in my 12.5" SBR for about 5 years. Runs flawless and has a smooth, crisp break. Worth every penny to me.

I tried the SSA's and didn't care for the 2 stage feel. I put a JP EZ trigger in my 3-gun rig and have since moved it into my 10.5 SBR. I've learned to not like adjustable trigger's as I've had to reapply loctite to keep this one from going full auto! It's set as close to my Wilson as possible - single stage with about a 4# break and quick, short reset. For the $200 price tag, it's not a bad trigger. It's been about 2 years now with no issues.

If your budget allows, spring for the trigger you know you will like, long term. Don't settle for something less today that may get replaced within a year. Buy once, cry once. ;-)

Good luck.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
    I don't know if spending $200 or more will get me any benefits for this particular setup. I doubt it.
    I don't know if spending $50-70 for something new will get me any benefits. If so, which one?
    I'm looking for suggestions from other folks' experiences.
    Have you shot it much? I like the ALG triggers I have used for a few builds. I’ve never upgraded a trigger. I’m sure it helps but then I’d want to upgrade all of my triggers!

Feedback Score
    No, haven't made up my mind, yet. Haven't shot it yet. Busy.
    I'll wait to see the Black Friday sales, and then I'll pull the trigger (pun intended!)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Since I already have Geissele SSA's in my other AR's, I put one in my SBR, too. Not because I "need" it for that application, I just want all of the triggers to be exactly the same for muscle memory/consistency.

Same story for my glocks. Once one got an "upgraded" trigger, the rest got the exact same one, too.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 10-11-17 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    Update: I missed the Larue sale on MBTs. Then Geissele made me a Black Friday offer I could not refuse, so SSA is inbund for $168.
    Thank you, everyone, for your help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345