Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield TRP

Feedback Score
    My TRP Armory Coat has been great. Mine came with the older wooden grips which is fine. While I haven't shoot it as much as a FBI SWAT Agent would his Professional to determine long term durability and accuracy I would say it doesn't give up much. Mine was $900 years ago at Vances in Columbus. This I had of purchased several more.

Feedback Score
    I have a Springfield Loaded which has been an excellent pistol and the Springfield TRP is one or two levels above the loaded so I would think it should be an exceptional pistol.

Feedback Score
    Had a TRP circa 2010. Accurate although POI was very high at 25yds. It went back to Springfield twice for extractor and ejector issues. Once it came back from the 2nd trip, ran like a top but I just couldn't cozy up to her the same.... Ended up off loading it (disclosed history to the next guy) but I will say that Springfield's customer service was EXCELLENT throughout which I think is also an important consideration when making a purchase.... Good to know a manufacturer will do their best to make it right....
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurt View Post
    I really like mine (trip operator). No problems with it although I did make a few changes for my own preferences. The main complaint I get when I let someone shoot it is the 20 lpi checkering...it's sharp.

Very quick fix with a light touch using a die grinder with a buffing pad on it.

Feedback Score
    Wound up getting a stainless TRP and absolutely love it! Far more accurate then I am, real boost of confidence to shoot it. Changed FLGR for Wilson flatwire standard plug set up. Front sight is a little thinner then I am used too, may change it out for the Trijicon High Def set. 20 LPI checkering indeed took some getting used to, but not too long a time frame.
    Bottom line, glad I got her. My new duty/off-duty 1911!

Feedback Score
    Had one for about a year, worked just fine, sold it for a 9mm Dan Wesson Guardian, main reason minimizing calibers to just 9mm/5.56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best 1911's out of the box before you get into the higher price ranges and or custom ones.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Reiterating the same story. Great gun, I share the "best gun in the NON custom range". I have several thousand rounds, never a malfunction. If you don't want a rail, get the TRP. I actually like the 20lpi checkering too. If you want a rail, they recently upgraded MC Operator and I prefer it to the TRP Bull barrel operator with target sights.

I want to pick up the new Green and Black MC Operator with VZ grips and front checkering. That gun might be best bang for the buck as well.

I drink SA and LMT Koolaid. Openly admitting my issues!

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-19-17 at 10:57.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Reiterating the same story. Great gun, I share the "best gun in the NON custom range". I have several thousand rounds, never a malfunction. If you don't want a rail, get the TRP. I actually like the 20lpi checkering too. If you want a rail, they recently upgraded MC Operator and I prefer it to the TRP Bull barrel operator with target sights.

I want to pick up the new Green and Black MC Operator with VZ grips and front checkering. That gun might be best bang for the buck as well.

I drink SA and LMT Koolaid. Openly admitting my issues!

PB
    I share a similar opinion of the TRP operator. Have handled them, and while nice, the bull barrel just isn't something I am a fan of. If they made a TRP with the same slide and barrel set up as the regular, with a regular bushing, and added a rail I really do think it would sell well, I know I'd look at one as a stable mate to my regular TRP opposed to trying to figure out what other options would be best for a railed 1911. Probably go with a RO Operator or something like that. The MC operator just doesn't do it for me, the newer models checkering just is something I am not a fan of. And while I know that is petty, it is my money and if I am going to spent that much I want what I want.

Then again i also think if they offered models in standard Colt commander length, 4.25 that they would sell them well too. So, I could be wrong.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I share a similar opinion of the TRP operator. Have handled them, and while nice, the bull barrel just isn't something I am a fan of. If they made a TRP with the same slide and barrel set up as the regular, with a regular bushing, and added a rail I really do think it would sell well, I know I'd look at one as a stable mate to my regular TRP opposed to trying to figure out what other options would be best for a railed 1911. Probably go with a RO Operator or something like that. The MC operator just doesn't do it for me, the newer models checkering just is something I am not a fan of. And while I know that is petty, it is my money and if I am going to spent that much I want what I want.

Then again i also think if they offered models in standard Colt commander length, 4.25 that they would sell them well too. So, I could be wrong.
    I completely agree regarding make a railed TRP without the complete overhaul , Bull barrel, sights, extra weight and just a monster of a 1911. People love the TRP but want a rail oh so often, and there isn't that option. The Lipsey edition is a decent option as I own one in 9mm. I have other railed 1911's so Im good, but I would be in trouble $$$$ if they made the aforementioned TRP gun.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-19-17 at 19:31.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast