Thread: Best source for a new patrol cap?

Feedback Score

Best source for a new patrol cap?

I just want to check to see if there is anything I'm missing.

I'm in the market for a new BDU style patrol cap, preferably in OD or ranger green. If it was multicam, it would be easy enough to grab one from the current .gov supplier, but that's not the case here. Already have baseball hat style, which I honestly don't care for, and a few boonies.

What is your go to source? Propper? Helikon?

I like Slangvel's stuff, I have one of his M43 style caps, but it costs a little t more than might be needed.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    If Slangvel's too pricey, then I suspect the FirstSpear Forager Cap will also be out of your price range.

How about the Outdoor Research Radar Pocket Cap? No OD or RG, but they do have some civilian colorways that are earth tone, including green tinted colors, such as hops or evergreen. Also available in RealTree or MC. It's currently on sale through OR, and stacks with the pro deal, should you be qualified for that.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    It's not that Slangvel is too pricey, I just wanted to see if there was anything else I was missing. The First Spear offering was on my radar, but I wasn't sure how I felt about the big swath of cloth on the front. The OR one does check a lot of the boxes, I'll have to look into it further.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have four OR radar caps. All are very comfortable and durable. The lightweight versions are very breathable for hot weather while the single flannel cap I own is warm in the winter. On an aside, their gloves are the best I've used as well.