Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lower Profile War Belts with Velcro to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Huh. I’m using Tacos which also use a malice clip so we’ll see if I have the same issue. I wouldn’t think that the width of the MOLLE would matter for that though, as long as there is more than one row. The Crye worked very well for me, but I do wish the MOLLE sleeve was a little more stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the issue is due to the "lighter" material used on the webbing of the TT Fight Light pouches. The pouches are awesome, and hold up well, I think that's just an area they cut down some of the weight. That's pure speculation on my part, but the webbing on the back is considerably thinner, I guess you could say, than other pouches I've used. Not to say the quality is less, that's just my perception.

The thinner rows of molle I was referring to, are on the Ronin belt. My less than scientific examination would lead me to believe that rotating the pouches wouldn't be so easy to do if the Ronin belt had wider rows of molle on the top and bottom, instead of the 1/2", or whatever they are. If they did that though, it would completely defeat the purpose of it being a minimalist style belt.

As for the Crye belt, he's issued the Blast belt.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    Vendetta, another option for the rotating MALICE clips is to use the WTF hypalon straps.
    http://www.wtfidea.com/whiskey-two-f...system-straps/

I've swapped all my clips over to these and found that the pouches hold tighter and don't shift due to the "grippiness" of the strap. There's a link to a writeup on Lightfighter as well in the product description.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The only down side is that the molle belt is flimsy. It moves with your body so it is more comfortable in that sense, but I don't think it would work too well if holding up a pistol.
    First thing I did was swap out the inner belt for a riggers belt I had laying around, the UBL is attached directly to the riggers belt through the molle sleeve as well. Rock solid.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    First thing I did was swap out the inner belt for a riggers belt I had laying around, the UBL is attached directly to the riggers belt through the molle sleeve as well. Rock solid.

Yeah attaching the holster directly to the belt probably would have fixed my issue with it, it just wouldn’t work for my setup.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I used to have the Velocity OUB but traded it in for a Crye MRB a little over a year ago because I wanted something that would shift less. I like where the Crye sits, I personally wouldn't want it any higher than my waist and if I don't want to tuck my shirt in, I can just wear my normal EDC belt and put the entire MRB over my shirt, which I'll often do if it's a static range. Being able to velcro it on to the inner pants belt gives it significantly more security though, which I'm also a fan of. The only down side is that the molle belt is flimsy. It moves with your body so it is more comfortable in that sense, but I don't think it would work too well if holding up a pistol. Ironman mentioned the same concern over PM, I believe he sold his for that reason. It doesn't bother me too much since I run a drop leg. The Ronin and Volund belts are designed to be stiffer I think, which would work better for a belt mounted gun. The pants belt on the Crye is pretty stiff though so that's good.

I have a similar belt. Question mini hijack. Do you have to run a drop leg holster or can you attach one ( don't know how) holster directly to the belt?

Please excuse my ignorance, I have not run it much. So there is much to learn.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have a similar belt. Question mini hijack. Do you have to run a drop leg holster or can you attach one ( don't know how) holster directly to the belt?

Please excuse my ignorance, I have not run it much. So there is much to learn.

PB
    What holster are you using? There are a few ways to attach it directly, I mainly run the drop because of my plate carrier.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have many holsters. Raven, blade tech etc. but would get whatever I needed to make it happen
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have many holsters. Raven, blade tech etc. but would get whatever I needed to make it happen
    That’ll be the biggest determining factor. Several years ago, a lot of people would zip tie their Raven holsters to the MOLLE. I never tried it but apparently it worked well enough. About a year and a half ago I transitioned to Raven for covert and Safariland on RTI mounts for anything that didn’t require concealment. The RTI, or Safariland’s ALS/SLS, offers a lot of different options for war belts. I think Bladetech does too.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Does anyone with a Crye MRB have it in XL? I'm trying to get the actual overall length of the molle sleeve part of the MRB. I've called Crye, but they didn't know and have not got back to me - any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Really like the Ronin TF belt system, according to their chart i'm between sizes, where there is an inch overlap between the two. I could go Large or X-Large based on my measurements. Any recommendations?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast