Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower Profile War Belts with Velcro to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lower Profile War Belts with Velcro to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Lower Profile War Belts with outer Velcro'd to Inner Belt (Crye or Ronin, etc.) ?

Since these outer war belts must line up precisely with the velcro of the inner belt thru your belt loops location, do the outer belts sit where you want them? I just worry that I would get rid of my Brokos belt and find that I wished the lower profile belts like the Crye or the Ronin sat higher over the points of my hips or something, so I guess I just want to know does the outer belt sit where you want it or is it a compromise that it sits a little low to work with this system?

God Bless
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've got a ronin tactics task force belt and I personally really like it a lot. I've had no problems with where it sits. My only gripe (and it's probably just me being dumb) but I don't like the fact that i have to tuck my shirt in to run it. I've actually been looking at the tyr brokos belt as a possible replacement. I may try their belt pad and see if maybe then I'll keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you have any questions feel free to message me

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I used to have the Velocity OUB but traded it in for a Crye MRB a little over a year ago because I wanted something that would shift less. I like where the Crye sits, I personally wouldn't want it any higher than my waist and if I don't want to tuck my shirt in, I can just wear my normal EDC belt and put the entire MRB over my shirt, which I'll often do if it's a static range. Being able to velcro it on to the inner pants belt gives it significantly more security though, which I'm also a fan of. The only down side is that the molle belt is flimsy. It moves with your body so it is more comfortable in that sense, but I don't think it would work too well if holding up a pistol. Ironman mentioned the same concern over PM, I believe he sold his for that reason. It doesn't bother me too much since I run a drop leg. The Ronin and Volund belts are designed to be stiffer I think, which would work better for a belt mounted gun. The pants belt on the Crye is pretty stiff though so that's good.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Check out the G-Code Operator Belt. I like the design of the inner belt, quick to get on an off as you don't have to cinch and line it up once its set.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I used to have the Velocity OUB but traded it in for a Crye MRB a little over a year ago because I wanted something that would shift less. I like where the Crye sits, I personally wouldn't want it any higher than my waist and if I don't want to tuck my shirt in, I can just wear my normal EDC belt and put the entire MRB over my shirt, which I'll often do if it's a static range. Being able to velcro it on to the inner pants belt gives it significantly more security though, which I'm also a fan of. The only down side is that the molle belt is flimsy. It moves with your body so it is more comfortable in that sense, but I don't think it would work too well if holding up a pistol. Ironman mentioned the same concern over PM, I believe he sold his for that reason. It doesn't bother me too much since I run a drop leg. The Ronin and Volund belts are designed to be stiffer I think, which would work better for a belt mounted gun. The pants belt on the Crye is pretty stiff though so that's good.

I ran a MRB previously and really liked it. I remedied the stiffness by using cobra buckle belt in place of the inner belt. But in the end I went back to the original inner belt as I found it to be more comfortable using my safariland ALS holster and UBL adapter.

I'm looking to put together another one but with a 1.75" loop belt from Volund instead.

The Ronin belt looks interesting though. How well does it work with a safariland holster and mount though? Or do guys just mount the holster to the inner belt? Just looks a bit thick to thread the holster over.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle
    The Ronin belt looks interesting though. How well does it work with a safariland holster and mount though? Or do guys just mount the holster to the inner belt? Just looks a bit thick to thread the holster over.
    20170907_155638.jpg
    20170907_155830.jpg

I have my UBL mounted through the outer belt, and it works just fine. I have run it mounted to the inner belt, too. Mounting it to the inner belt is handy, especially if you have a clip-on mag carrier. I can have the inner belt with the safariland holster on it, keeping my pistol on me without the rest of my rig, and slap on an extra mag or two. When it's time to gear up, pull the clip-on mag off the inner belt, throw on the outer rig, and it's time to do grunt stuff.

PS I usually run a thigh strap on the UBL to keep it from bouncing around, but it's on a low-ride rig for work currently. If you haven't tried it, you should. Mid/low ride UBL with a thigh strap makes for a optimal height for my ape-index, without having to go to an actual thigh rig / drop leg, which I can't friggin stand.

eta: can't get the pic to not be upside down... eff it, just read this while upside down.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 09-07-17 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I just got the Senshi Belt in and figured I'd share my primary thoughts. First, the MOLLE is very close together, it must just about the minimum diameter to still work as MOLLE, because some of my pouches are either right on top of eachother or required a buffer row in between, such as the Velocity Systems Micro Diddie dump pouch. Not unusable, but close. I do appreciate how many rows of MOLLE there are though. Second, is the inner belt. Its not bad, but its also not as good as it could be. I think the Crye MRB has a superior inner belt system. It is just a velcro belt, so you can't easily tighten or loosen it. That makes it less ideal as an actual belt to keep your pants up, but also can lead to a little instability when putting the outer belt on. Its also a 2" belt, so it can be a pain in the ass to thread into many pants. I'm planning on getting a 1.75" Volund Atlas G-Hook liner belt to use as my inner belt. The g-hook is super low-profile and will allow me to adjust tension just like a normal belt should. Hopefully the 1.75" width is enough to stabilize the outer belt while also being a little easier to thread into belt loops. Its unfortunate because the Senshi belt is not cheap, but I think that it'd work well. As far as holsters, I have the old school RTI belt slide on mine at the moment, but will transition to either the newer version that is less bulky or the rotating tactical belt mount. I just wish you could get the latter with loop lining on the inside.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also have a Ronin belt, although I don't remember which model I have. Whichever one comes in black, I feel like there was only one model available...maybe Task Force? Regardless, it's been by far the best belt option I've found. I've looked at a larger styler battle belt, even tried going to one a few weeks ago. I switched all my stuff over to a HSGI belt, and the whole thing weighed as much as my loaded Ronin belt. The HSGI was way too bulky and heavy for my liking and I immediately went back to the Ronin. The only issue I have with the Ronin is how narrow the molle rows are. I was having an issue with my pistol mag pouches rotating at an odd angle when seated. I've since found a way to fix that issue, and am in love with the belt.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Hopefully the 1.75" width is enough to stabilize the outer belt while also being a little easier to thread into belt loops.
    It should work-- Ronin Tactics also sell a 1.5" inner belt separately for those who want a more loop-friendly belt. I do agree that the inner belt isn't as refined as the MRB. However, this is still the best belt system I've tried in a while.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast