Thread: Trail Cameras

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Trail Cameras

I'd like some some feedback on what recommendations you have for trail cameras. I was on Cabela's website (I have some gift cards) and the majority of the trail cams had middle to low performance reviews. My plan is to use the cameras to scout trails and food plots for the upcoming deer season and then use as a driveway cam in the off season. I live in the boonies so the wireless devices are unlikely to get a signal. I'm looking for basic $100-200 range trail cameras but open to features that can push that price north. A feature that sounds interesting is the black LED's that take night pics without visible light at close range. In advance, I appreciate your feedback and recommendations.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've had or have bushnell trophy cams for years (8-12 MP models) and have been pleased with their performance. Most of mine are left up year round in one position or another. The display on one of them finally stopped working a few months ago but still takes pictures reliably. I have had an older Moultrie and still have a newer Moultrie 880 that I like very much. Remember that none of these cameras are going to give you 4K HD quality picture and video, but you shouldn't have to spend a fortune for a reliable product. I also have exposure to Leupold and Buckeye models costly much more and honestly did not see the performance increase I was expecting.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I am also for the bushnell 8-12mp cameras. I leave ours out year round here in CO and they go typically the entire year on 8 AA batteries. Only photos, no videos. Set on 3 second intervals. Get 1000's of photos a year. Cant complain for the cost/performance.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Moultrie A20 are great. I have Moultrie cameras, various models great pics all, very crisp, great color and very clear black and white night shots. I pick the A 20 as my fav due to size, they mashed everything into a smaller package. Got most of my came from Amazon under $90 each. The last two from bargain cave at Cabela's, also under $80.00 Best of luck.
    Last edited by City Rat; 08-12-17 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Found this very useful:

https://www.trailcampro.com/collecti...camera-reviews

I went with the newer Bushnell which was highly rated on this evaluation.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants