Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P226 Reliability Challenge

Feedback Score
    I have never understood why people equate the reliability of a firearm to being able to run it non-lubricated for extended periods of time. Isn't that like running your automobile without oil and then wondering why it failed?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I have never understood why people equate the reliability of a firearm to being able to run it non-lubricated for extended periods of time. Isn't that like running your automobile without oil and then wondering why it failed?

I'm right there with you my friend, in fact I always thought the whole "torture" test thing was a little goofy but many people enjoy it for some reason.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I guess it's fun if you don't have anything else to do. I used to run my 1911 over 5K without cleaning just to take dirty gun pics and see how nasty it could get. I went 6K on an AR just to do it.

I have almost 4K on my carry G43 right now, but it gets a few drops of lube and inspected on the regular.

Feedback Score
    Looking forward to updates in this thread. As a 'regular' 226 SAO owner, mine's been flawless through ~ 3500 rounds.

Feedback Score
    The Sig 226 is a known quantity that's been in Military, Law Enforcement and Civilian use for over 3 decades. I don't think the results will be too surprising.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I have a MK25 with about 5k through it with regular cleaning. The only malfunctions were from bad ammo. Second trigger pull fixed that issue quickly though. Personally, I love hammer guns and I think sig is the best you can get for the money.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't believe anything Sterling Archer says. He's lost his credibility on SigTalk. He stated to a member NOT to buy the Glock Gen 5.....9 days after it's release due to a recall. This obviously wasn't true. Sterling purposely & knowingly knew this was a lie and NOT telling the truth about the Glock. I challenged him with facts and so did others and he refused to respond. I even had a moderator PM me and said he was disappointed in the behavior on the forum by Sterling. He was told to correct this false information and as of this writing he has refused to correct the record. Therefore, his credibility has to be in question with this type of unprovoked behavior. I would recommend anything he states has to be taken lightly.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    ^ That thing is starting to remind me of my P220.
    The Jeep is Family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast