Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics will be conducting a two-day Indoor Tactics class at the Southern Exposure Training Facility, Lakeland, Florida, on September 16-17 2017.

This class prepares students to minimize the risks associated with securing one’s own home, room and building clearance, and searching for suspects. Students will be shown and practice various techniques for working doors, angles, corners, stairs, hallways, closets, and so on.

This course uses Southern Exposure’s reconfigurable live fire shoot house. It begins with discussion and demonstration of basic concepts and progresses to associated scenario runs in the shoot house with the instructor. As students become more comfortable and proficient with simpler scenarios, the problems become more complex. The reconfigurable floor plan allows the instructor to adjust the layout, changing features such as interior walls. This maintains a level of realism and focus running the scenarios - every run -through of the house presents a different problem.

The curriculum includes an in-depth discussion of residential architecture, and how lessons learned from clearing rooms and buildings can be applied to defense of one’s own domicile. For example, how strategically placed mirrors and lighting can be used to the defender’s advantage.

There is a daily “bread and butter drills” tune-up on the square range to reinforce the importance of fundamentals. This is a tactics class, not a shooting class. There is simply not enough time to teach shooting in this format and still ensure adequate coverage of the primary objectives. A Tactical Handgun 101 with Mr. Cain is a prerequisite for this class.

This requirement isn’t arbitrary – it’s a function of the instructor’s uncompromising emphasis on safe, realistic training and his law enforcement experience: “I wouldn’t go through the door with someone I don’t know, and I’m not going into a shoot house with someone I haven’t seen on the square range."

The nominal ammunition requirement for the Indoor Tactics course is 400 Rounds. Tuition for the class is $450. Southern Exposure Training students get discounted rates at the Travelodge Motel at the intersection of I-4 and US-98. For registration and logistics information, please contact Irv Lehman by email at: bigsfish@bellsouth.net.

Additional information about the instructor's philosophy, training credentials, and course registration can be found at his website: www.randycain.com