Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most reliable pistol and why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

What is your most reliable pistol and why?

With the current Sig P320 debacle and a few other recent posts questioning the reliability and quality of newer pistols, I want to ask a question, What is your most reliable pistol and why?

To start us off, For me the answer is the Beretta 92 series which have been absolutely bulletproof for me over many thousands of rounds fired. I have never had a weapon related malfunction with either Beretta and both will eat any ammo that I feed it. Build quality on both pistols has been excellent. Total years owning a Beretta 92: about 20.

I've been fortunate to own a variety of very good pistols including Springfield M1911, S&W M&P, CZ-75, among others but at the end of the day the Berettas have been the most reliable.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hmmm.

My 1995 (KF) SIG P220 / 45 ACP has about 6K through it (don't shoot it much anymore, once a year for a couple mags) but in all that time it had a single malfunction (failure to feed) during an extended range session where mags were getting sandy and that gummed it up. I've owned it for 22 years and the majority of that shooting was in the first 3 years.

My HK45C has been bomb proof, only 4K or so through it but never fails to go bang. It definitely lives up to the hype. Don't carry or shoot it much either anymore but I'd say it's my most reliable pistol.

I had a Beretta Brig 9MM back in the day, it was also flawless except with some powderpuff loads, would eject but not get the next round. But not the fault of the pistol, just a friends crappy reloads.

I have been fortunate as I started with SIG in it's glory days (IMO) and never bought any really crappy guns. I'd say the worst I ever bought was a P290RS and G27, both worked fine but I didn't like them much. I'm thankful I listened to my gut, buying a P220 back in the summer of '95 instead of listening to a bubba telling me to get a Para Ordnance and have it sent off for all sorts of work. To me, a gun newbie, it didn't make sense to buy a new gun then need to send it to someone to make reliable. The SIG lived up to my expectations, especially seeing as I didn't even know you could do more than field strip it for the first 10 years I owned it. Man it was cruddy in the frame when I finally detail stripped it!
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 08-11-17 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    GLOCK 17. If you have to ask why, you've never owned a Glock.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I had a G19 that was POS. Never again.

My 9mm shield with about 6k roudnds down the tube and not a single malfunction. I hope my second one I bought with the rebate thing will be as reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    I would say my 2007 M&P9 FS. Thing just ran. I ran it to 4k rounds of my dirty reloads until it finally had a stove pipe. Just replaced the recoil spring and cleaned it. 13k rounds with just 3 failures to eject.

I kept that thing so dirty that just handling it would get carbon all over your hands.

1AEEFF8A-67A9-4EE8-B48A-B4A38C0F095D.jpg

Unfortunately, it was not accurate. I just thought I didn’t shoot it well, but I ran into a guy at the range with another M&P.

My gun on the left, his on the right. Same shooter (me) same ammo (mine). 25 yards. He had a 2012.
    11F6DA26-ACBC-4411-B9B1-409628EE8772.jpg

I traded it for an early blue label Gen 4 Glock 34. I told him the M&P wasn’t accurate at distance, and he was fine with it. I wish he told me that the Glock 34 was completely unreliable. Had constant ejection issues. Replacement of every spring, trigger housing to the latest ejector (still unreliable), Apex extractor (better) and White Sound HRED brought it to perfect working order.

I miss that M&P.
    Last edited by I922sParkCir; 08-11-17 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    HK P2000, HK45, Beretta 92G-SD are all amazingly reliable
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Ditto

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a tough one. Both my Sig P226 and HK 45C have been uber reliable but so has my pre B CZ75.

Feedback Score
    The most reliable semi auto I've owned has been a Browning Hi-power MK III. Only one malfunction and that was a cheap magazine with bent feed lips. Bent them back with a pair of pliers and it kept working. This was during the Clinton ban days when hi cap mags were hard to find. I also have two revolvers who have never had any malfunctions at all. A 3rd generation Colt SAA in .44 special and a Brazilian contract S&W 1917.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    Glock 26

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast