Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most reliable pistol and why?

Feedback Score
    M&P40.

My Glock has been having "issues", but I think I just discovered that it's the extended slide lock being pushed by my hand. The gun came with it, so I'll be switching to a stock slide lock, then we shall see.

My m&P has around 5k rounds through it and 0 malfunctions (one ruptured case).

Edit just to verify glock issue confirmed to be extended slide release.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-13-17 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    Beretta 92, HK P30 ( One of which has 12,300 rounds through it), HK45.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Up until about a week and a half ago I would have said my EDC Glock 19 Gen 4. Weekend before last at the range doing some drills, and my take down lever blew out. Now, this is the 2nd time I have had this happen on a Gen 4 Glock (The other was a G23). I have roughly 7k down range with it with every type of ammo you can imagine, and only had one failure to eject one time, with only a handful of brass to face I can remember. I love this gun, so I bought a new take-down lever and replaced the recoil spring for the first time, we will see how it does going forward.
    2017-08-11_03-47-06 by Willis, on Flickr

So right now I would personally say my P30L with about 700 rounds through it since I bought it from a member here. The HK just shoots so much better than I can and it's ate everything from Aluminum to Tula steel, to +P+ stuff. Great thread BTW!
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do revolvers count? I have a 686+ that has a lot of rounds through it without issue.

Actually out pretty much every pistol I've had has been very reliable. Recoil springs wearing out is the only real issue I've had and I can't knock the pistols for that, they were past due for replacement. The two pistols I have put the most rounds through.

I have a M&P9 that I lost count at around 6k rounds. As long as I wasn't using like blazer aluminium ammo it would run. It doesn't get shot as much but I'm guessing it has at least a few more cases through it.

I also have a sig p220 that I used in idpa for a few years. It had the older internal extractor that they had issues with and it still ran. A few years ago I mailed it back to sig for one of their promotions(night sights, new springs, trigger upgrade) and they replaced the slide with the newer style with the external extractor. I'm sure the gun has failed via a jam before but I can't think of one. Round count has to be above the M&P listed above. Worst I've had is failure to fire due to bad primers(mostly on wolf steel cased ammo that was bought during an ammo scare).

Feedback Score
    Hands down my S&W pre model 15 combat masterpiece all original parts well over 60 years old.
    In semi autos I would agree with a beretta 92. Every one I used either privately or in military service plain ran no matter what ammo was in it- I even used it for some indoor bullseye competition with a real light charge of bullseye powder and 158 grain semi wadcutter bullets designed for the 38 special and it still ran.
    My glock 26 would be a close second.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My HK P30. Over 2800 rounds, not a single gun malfunction. Shoots very well and feels great in the hand. My Glock 19...it worked but had the crappy ejection issues, traded it for a USP.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Good question...

Going by years without failure I would be my P89 @ 23 years
    Going by rounds either my CZ 75, P-09 or Shield all with thousands or reloads down range without issue.

I really don't have long term tests because I normally lose interest and dump most pistols in 3 or 4 years.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    GLOCK 17. If you have to ask why, you've never owned a Glock.
    I had a G19 that was POS. Never again.

My 9mm shield with about 6k roudnds down the tube and not a single malfunction. I hope my second one I bought with the rebate thing will be as reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    I would say my 2007 M&P9 FS. Thing just ran. I ran it to 4k rounds of my dirty reloads until it finally had a stove pipe. Just replaced the recoil spring and cleaned it. 13k rounds with just 3 failures to eject.

I kept that thing so dirty that just handling it would get carbon all over your hands.

1AEEFF8A-67A9-4EE8-B48A-B4A38C0F095D.jpg

Unfortunately, it was not accurate. I just thought I didn’t shoot it well, but I ran into a guy at the range with another M&P.

My gun on the left, his on the right. Same shooter (me) same ammo (mine). 25 yards. He had a 2012.
    11F6DA26-ACBC-4411-B9B1-409628EE8772.jpg

I traded it for an early blue label Gen 4 Glock 34. I told him the M&P wasn’t accurate at distance, and he was fine with it. I wish he told me that the Glock 34 was completely unreliable. Had constant ejection issues. Replacement of every spring, trigger housing to the latest ejector (still unreliable), Apex extractor (better) and White Sound HRED brought it to perfect working order.

I miss that M&P.
    Last edited by I922sParkCir; 08-11-17 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    HK P2000, HK45, Beretta 92G-SD are all amazingly reliable
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast