Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most reliable pistol and why?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Glock 26 with 3k has been 100%. Glock 34 also 100% with about 5.5k.

I am starting to shoot a USP9T exclusively but it's gonna be forever to even hit 1k rounds. Shooting PCCs mostly and 22s.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've had my Gen 3 Glock 17 for about three years and 7k rounds now. It reliably places the bullets where I want them to go and without any drama. Now it's doing good things as a suppressor host with the same results.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    G27 purchased in 1994. Original magazines, dirty from ankle carry, finish worn to a smooth grey. Never had a problem with it. Probably need to replace those springs....

Feedback Score
    Oddly my G26 is getting worse with age. Nearing 1k rounds it no longer wants to cycle any reloads using Unique powder, those I loaded with bullseye cycle fine so it may be that it just doesn't like unique. Too bad I loaded a bunch...

My g26 also started getting FTFs with any winchester steel case that I fed it.

Conversely, I have a 1981 Sig P6 that feeds any 115 or 124 grain bullet that I feed it, including HP, and my reloads with unique (looks like an extended range session is in order to burn it all up).

I am honestly thinking of switching from g26 to an HK p30sk for my subcompact carry.

Feedback Score
    So far have some interesting feedback on this thread. A couple of observations so far:

1. Even though polymer framed, striker fired pistols dominate the market place, with the exception of Glock and 1 or 2 entries for the M&P, they are not dominating this thread and metal framed, hammer fired and hammered fired, polymers are still doing very well.

2. Many of the older designs are doing very well, the Beretta 92, Sig P220 series, and CZ-75 have all been mentioned multiple times. Interestingly enough, all three pistols were introduced within a year of each other in the mid 1970s. Sig P220 (1975), CZ-75 (1975), Beretta 92 (1976). Now if you add Glock to the fray Glock 17 (early to mid 1980s), the bulk of the pistols dominated this thread are pretty old designs.

3. The bulk of the pistols mentioned were designed first for the military market. Sig P220, CZ-75, Beretta 92, HK 45/HK P30, and Glock 17/19 were all first designed for military uses and assumingly had a long testing process in there development.

4. Some of most mentioned pistols on this thread are polar opposites of each other. For example if you look at a Glock against a Beretta 92, totally different philosophy of design and manufacture. The Glock is a very simple almost workman type gun with very few parts which pointed the way forward in firearms manufacture, in contrast to the Beretta 92 which has nearly twice the part count, very finely machined and engineered, and almost a throwback to earlier years of gun making. End of the day, when probably executed both design and manufacturing philosophies seem to work very well.

I'm sure there are other takeaways but these are the ones that jump out for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    P229 357 SIG

Feedback Score
    My @13k round Glock 19.

Honerable mention to my Beretta Cheetah..it's been 100% but still young and under 2k rounds

Feedback Score
    Easily my Glock 19 Gen3. Owned it since 2010, and not one single FTE or FTF with just about any 9mm load.

Feedback Score
    My USP45. I've not abused a pistol more than that one and it doesn't seem to care. A little over 12k though it and they've been some hard miles. No parts changes/replaced.

In close second my P30L 9. About 15.5k though that one and it's proving to be very rugged. It's also seen some hard miles. Just replaced the TRS (literally today) as preventative but no other spring changes or maintenance done.
    Last edited by Talon167; 08-12-17 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    My USP45. I've not abused a pistol more than that one and it doesn't seem to care. A little over 12k though it and they've been some hard miles. No parts changes/replaced.

In close second my P30L 9. About 15.5k though that one and it's proving to be very rugged. It's also seen some hard miles. Just replaced the TRS (literally today) as preventative but no other spring changes or maintenance done.
    Will keep functioning with little maintenance for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast