Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most reliable pistol and why?

Feedback Score
    This might surprise you gents but my 29 yr old Colt series 80 gov't model has right under 18,400 rds through it over the years & I cannot recall EVER having a malfunction of any kind. It is still very accurate & has all original parts in it, save for the commander hammer I put on it in '89. (it has been refinished though)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    This might surprise you gents but my 29 yr old Colt series 80 gov't model has right under 18,400 rds through it over the years & I cannot recall EVER having a malfunction of any kind. It is still very accurate & has all original parts in it, save for the commander hammer I put on it in '89. (it has been refinished though)
    A used 1911A1 competed in the XM9 competition and did rather well. It is a reliable design when executed correctly and fed reasonable ammo.

Feedback Score
    For me, it's been the P226 in just about any form. Currently, I have a pair of MK25's and a Legion 9mm. All of them run, pretty simple.

Feedback Score
    All of my Sig P series pistols, P220, P239, P227, W/G P226, and P226 Legion have been bet your life reliable for me. It is just my experience. World class combat pistols IMHO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Either My M&P45 Middy or my Gen 4 G19. I've put at least 5K round through the M&P and about 3K through the G19. No issues with the M&P at all and after fixing the FTF issues with the G19 no issues. Both are are more than accurate and run with any type of ammo I put through them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pat701 View Post
    All of my Sig P series pistols, P220, P239, P227, W/G P226, and P226 Legion have been bet your life reliable for me. It is just my experience. World class combat pistols IMHO.
    MK25 / P226R

This, I've shot the Sig P series of pistols for the last 20 + years and they have been the best pistols I have ever owned or shot. P220, P226, P229, P230, all have been super reliable for me and a pleasure to shoot.

My M&P9 FS has been a very reliable pistol for me as well, with 5000 + rounds down the pipe ATP, and never had an issue with it not functioning as it should.

Feedback Score
    My XDM 9mm 3.8 compact , it has over 7.5k rounds no issues what so ever, this gun just runs with all kind of ammo. On the other hand my Glock 19 Gen 3 which has over 3k rounds had a few FTE and FTF.

Glock 43 and Shield with 2.5k rounds each, both have been 100%.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierR View Post
    My XDM 9mm 3.8 compact , it has over 7.5k rounds no issues what so ever, this gun just runs with all kind of ammo. On the other hand my Glock 19 Gen 3 which has over 3k rounds had a few FTE and FTF.

Glock 43 and Shield with 2.5k rounds each, both have been 100%.
    I own an XDM 3.8 compact in 9MM as well...mine is all black. Several thousand rounds and never a flinch. Ran lots of shitty Freedom Munitions reman through it with excellent results. Had an XDM .45 and same results. Excellent guns.

I mainly own Gen 4 Glock's, and while most have run flawlessly, had a G21 that spit brass back at me way too often and sold it. Have had BTF issues with several Glock's and have finally realized that while Glock's will operate on most any ammo, they SUCK ejecting weak ammo. I've gone to running mainly Fiocci and Speer Lawman and having better luck with ejections...primarily in 9MM. FWIW, my G23 has the most rounds through it, well over 15K, and the only single issue ever was a kaboom with BVAC reman ammo in 2010. Put a KKM barrel in it and never had an issue since.

My three 9MM Shields have been flawless for at least 1K rounds each. No complaints. My Ruger P89 was a tank, never failed me. The couple Sigs I owned ran fine...as did every revolver (Ruger and Taurus).

Only gun that really was an issue was a G21 that I sent back to Ruger twice, but today, I suspect it was the weak FM ammo I was feeding it.

Guess I've been lucky. I'm getting ready to buy my first CZ. Still trying to figure out if it will be a P01, 75C, or P07. Want a good SA/DA to shoot from time to time, as I mostly own strikers these days.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    I have a Glock 17 Gen4 that I used in competition . At just over 9K rounds now it failed once and that was a broken firing pin at 8312 rounds .
    My Cajun CZ SP01 has over 6K rounds and has never failed in any way .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    I'm surprised so many people say their 92SF is their most reliable pistol. Mine is my least reliable. I get a ton of double feeds using factory magazines and FMJ ammo. It happens enough that I've basically only bring it out when I want to brush up on the platform before I qualify. I haven't been shooting much the last year but I just got a membership at an indoor range local to me to increase my frequency.

I've wondered if my grip is causing the issue as so many people swear by these guns.
    Only issues I've ever had with many years of shooting M9's where caused by worn extractor [one] and worn mag springs.

Unreliable pistols do not last long in my employ. So, all of mine are reliable. My '91 CZ 75 is my oldest and most oft used and it has been flawless with all kinds of reloads and bullet shapes. Years ago it had some FTE's, when I removed the extractor I was amazed it worked at all it was so fouled with carbon build up. Cleaned up, new Xpower spring and back to work. I've worn out several magazines and many mag springs + one sear. All other parts are original.

Classic Sig P225: reliable.
    2014 Colt .38 Super Auto: Modest customizing, it has been through two 2000 round tests. One all factory ammo the 2nd mostly reloads. Only issues caused by Checkmate 10 round mags.
    Smith 686 and 13: reliable.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast