Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most reliable pistol and why?

Feedback Score
    Glock 19. Feeds and extracts any ammo I feed it. I carry it daily.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My current highest round count handgun is one of my Beretta PX4 Compact Carry's. Hit 5,100 with the "training" gun today. Zero malfunctions. This particular gun has completed the 2,000 Round Challenge and it has not been cleaned since 2,200 rounds. I add a few drops of lube every 750-1,000 rounds fired. I'm planning on taking it to ~7,500 rounds (which would mean over 5,000 rounds with no cleaning) before I clean it again or until I have the first malfunction. The PX4 gets a lot of undeserved flak in my opinion. Damn shootable guns with minimal modifications and they're a heck of a lot of pistol for the money; I picked up a PX4 full size G model (decocker only) & 3 mags from Arms Unlimited last week for $375 shipped...screaming deal! These are 50K + round guns, easily. Recoil spring every ~10K, rest of the springs (and maybe the extractor) every 20K. I've been absolutely impressed with their shootability and reliability to this point. I dare to say I like them more than my stable of B92s...and that's saying something.

Next highest round count gun I have is my Beretta Brig Tac, which only has 3,500 through it. No malfunctions. Hope to get more rounds through this after the LTT Advanced Class in October...sticking with the PX4 CC until then.

In the first part of 2014 I took a new manufacture Gen 3 G17 to 5,000 rounds with no cleaning. The first 2,000 rounds was part of the 2K Challenge; straight out of the box no extra oil. Once it hit the 2K Challenge, I added a few drops of oil and then lubed every ~1,000 until I hit 5K. It was certainly dirty after 5K rounds without cleaning, but it never caused an issue. Finish on the internal parts and barrel was hardly worn. Sold it when I was pressed for cash and that's the one Glock I do regret selling because it never gave me BTF. I've got a 19G4 (wife's gun) that pelts me in the head with regularity

Took a VP9 to 5K in 2015 with no issues. It also completed the 2K Round Challenge. Sold it last year.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 08-15-17 at 16:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gen4 Glock 19.

Because I have fired 4,000 rounds through it with 100% flawless function, not even so much as an 'operator error' involving the slide lock and locking back or not, nothing but perfection.

Second place is a VP9 with about 3400 rounds through it, with the only non-perfect action being a failure to return to battery in the first 150 rounds while using WWB 115gr.

I've run both guns so hot I couldn't put them back into my IWB holster, set them in loose dust/dirt slide open (got all gritty inside, could hear and feel it for both), and then went back to shooting.

Feedback Score
    HK P2000 9mm - ~15K rounds. Only stoppages of any kind were due to batch of S&B ammo with dead primers (2-3 dead primers per one 50rd box). Several times slide did not lock back due to me riding slide release lever.
    HK USP Expert .40SW - ~10K rounds. 2 stoppages. One was FTE when I was shooting weak hand only (right hand in my case) with my hand around barricade aimed at target to the left (my wrist was like 90dgr to the left). Call it extremely limp wrist in this case. Second case was FTE due to split case (Magtech 180gr FMJ). And that is all.

And then all my other HKs (P2000SK, P30, P30L, SFP9 and P7M13), that were boringly reliable (with exception of P30L flatly refusing to work on Barnaul 115gr steel cased and CCI Blaser 115gr alu cased when pistole was new from the box), but did not enjoy so high round count in single one as 2 mentioned above.

My Glock 17 Gen4 was also very reliable for me, but I only shot 2K rounds from it.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Glock 26.

Once I got my grip right, having only shot full-size and transitioning to a sub-compact, I limp wristed the first few magazines. Did my research and got set right.

Thanks to MrGnG for one of his older videos focusing on Grip, really pushed me to be a better shooter and move from the casual plinker and self-defender, to actually giving a crap about how I was using the platform versus just shooting.

I've daily carried a few different guns, but I have had great reliability with this glock, I tested it by dirtying it up with a few hundred, carried it as a backup gun for a few weeks, it filled with pocket lint, and I never experienced the supposed "lint lockup" that people perpetuate. It fired when I wanted it to. It's now my daily carry and gets routine range sessions in the back yard and cleanings.

At nearly 3k since I got this one.

Prior to this, I carried a Canik 55 TP9 v1, at 6k though my "Double Action" effed up and would start releasing prior to the firing pin block being moved out of the way (specifically when firing weak hand and the trigger pressure was being pulled to the left of the frame). I could still carry it in single action, but it was only a temp solution until I went with a known-name brand. It was a very reliable pistol too, until that trigger issue. They wanted me to work with their gunsmith (that used to be the head of repairs for the Canik line at Century Arms) and they wanted $295 to rebuild my trigger bar and "pack". I reminded them I could buy a brand new Canik with lifetime warranty for about 30 more; than I told them I would not be doing that. Traded to the next owner at a loss with warning about the issue.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 08-16-17 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    Glock 17 and HK USP .40 S&W (from early-mid 2000's). How the H&K remains that functional after thousands of rounds of .40 S&W without parts change is beyond me. But they built it like a tank.

Feedback Score
    i hate reading about all these boringly reliable handguns we have.... drives me nuts..... lol

thursday i ran another couple hundred rounds thru my glock 19 and glock 20 and sig 1911 without any issues..... such is life

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My 92G-SD. It doesn't matter what I do with it, just continues to chew through ammo with perfect reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    My 92G-SD. It doesn't matter what I do with it, just continues to chew through ammo with perfect reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s not even fair!

My Super Dave has about 1,500 rounds though it with one stoppage from very weak ammo I made to introduce first time shooters to the culture.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My Glock 17, purchased when I was 21 or 22 was highly reliable. It was fed the cheapest bs ammo I couldn't afford and had exactly one malf in its time with me, don't remember the type. I sold it to a buddy because I hated the grip, and my 1911 could tell when I had been cheating on her. Now that I'm slightly older, I don't get all emotional about handguns and have grown out of thinking the .45ACP 1911 is the best gun ever. I should have kept the Glock and left the 1911 in the last century where it belongs.

Sig M11 was 100% reliable, and much loved. Had to get some sort of roll pin in the frame replaced once, but no stoppages.

3 out of 4 revolvers I have owned have been 100%, no matter what they were fed. Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt, a Uberti and a Cimmaron SAA replica each in .45 Colt. The Redhawk was fed almost exclusively with very hot handloads. The SAA's have eaten a lot of black powder and 777 in addition to factory loads. I bought the Uberti 5.5in "pre-rusted" and still have it and shoot it regularly. One of the grips chipped and has a large chunk missing that I have sanded down and will finish today. The only one with problems is a cheap cap and ball in which the triggerguard screws pulled straight out of the brass frame.

This thread has caused me to reflect on the M9. Every one I have been issued was beat to hell with who-knows-what kind of round count. They each went bang every single time, and never broke while in my custody. Each was plenty accurate if I did my job well. But, I hated them due to the large grips and frame with the hump on the backstrap. And the slide mounted safety. And heavy ass trigger. I would never have considered owning one until now. So I checked out Beretta's website, and learned that the M9A3 adresses every complaint I had, if I put a lighter hammer spring in. I think I might give them another chance with a decocker-only model.

Sorry for the long post. I've been thinking about this since yesterday, because going "BANG!" Is the single most important thing for a pistol to do, IMO.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast