Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most reliable pistol and why?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have worked at an indoor for three years now, we follow all stated maintenance schedules and have even designed our own.

Rental guns that have "broken" beyond basic wear parts:
    -G26
    -G30
    -92f (ammo related)
    -Ruger 9s
    -Ruger 9c
    -Ruger GP100 *
    -Ruger SP101 *
    -S&W Shield
    -Lots of 22lr's
    -Walther PK380
    -HK VP9

My choice would be a glock 19 or 17. One gun to rule them all would be a G19. If I had to choose a gun based solely on reliability with in normal maintenance and cleaning ... besides a glock it would be a quality 1911.

Our M&Ps have done well but they get shot as half as much as the Glocks. They have done well so far. Besides the shield's slide cracked.

Edit: I would also take a USP, we dont rent them so I left it out... Great guns though.

Edit 2: Worst customer service out of all of them has been Sig.
    Last edited by Trunkmonkey4; 09-08-17 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    Kimber Custom Compact M1911 Commander. I've over 12,000 rounds through it and it has never failed to go "Bang" with any type of ammo. Although it's not my only everyday carry gun, it is the one I reach for whenever I can.

Feedback Score
    My 2004 era P226 has ran 5000 plus rounds of various ammo without any issues. It was a used LEO issued PA pistol.
    My 1967 Chicom 54 , 7.62 Tokarev round, ran for a little while in Vietnam, then Dad got it, and it ran at West Point with Corps of Cadets for 7 years.
    When I got it, I cleaned it and it has ran flawlessly for 5 years over 4000 rounds, no issues. I did replace all springs when I got it though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    GLOCK 17. If you have to ask why, you've never owned a Glock.
    Ditto

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a tough one. Both my Sig P226 and HK 45C have been uber reliable but so has my pre B CZ75.

Feedback Score
    The most reliable semi auto I've owned has been a Browning Hi-power MK III. Only one malfunction and that was a cheap magazine with bent feed lips. Bent them back with a pair of pliers and it kept working. This was during the Clinton ban days when hi cap mags were hard to find. I also have two revolvers who have never had any malfunctions at all. A 3rd generation Colt SAA in .44 special and a Brazilian contract S&W 1917.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Beretta 92 series because of decades of improvement, non-tilting barrel with straight-line feeding, and a huge ejection port.

Feedback Score
    G26 gen 3 (bought new in 2010) and G19 gen 3 (bought new in 2014).
    No failures of any kind. No other manufactures handguns came even close in reliability compare to these two Glocks.
    Not a Glock fanboy. Yet over time I found that I usually carried a Glock.
    I like my 1911 and S&W revolvers but I carry a Glock.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Do you remember what the Glock and HK failures were?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey4 View Post
    I have worked at an indoor for three years now, we follow all stated maintenance schedules and have even designed our own.

Rental guns that have "broken" beyond basic wear parts:
    -G26
    -G30
    -92f (ammo related)
    -Ruger 9s
    -Ruger 9c
    -Ruger GP100 *
    -Ruger SP101 *
    -S&W Shield
    -Lots of 22lr's
    -Walther PK380
    -HK VP9

My choice would be a glock 19 or 17. One gun to rule them all would be a G19. If I had to choose a gun based solely on reliability with in normal maintenance and cleaning ... besides a glock it would be a quality 1911.

Our M&Ps have done well but they get shot as half as much as the Glocks. They have done well so far. Besides the shield's slide cracked.

Edit: I would also take a USP, we dont rent them so I left it out... Great guns though.

Edit 2: Worst customer service out of all of them has been Sig.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I've been pretty lucky with pistols. All my Glock's have been 100% reliable G19, 22, 26, 27, 34. All Gen 3's. I shoot both 40 S&W and 357 Sig. in my G22. After 15K or so rounds I broke a trigger pin. Didn't know it until I took it apart to clean it. Still ran great.

My SW1911 has been great. Got a little S&W Body Guard 380. Don't shoot it much but it's been reliable so far. Had a Beretta 92F, great gun. Didn't fit me.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast