Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What is your most reliable pistol and why?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey4 View Post
    I have worked at an indoor for three years now, we follow all stated maintenance schedules and have even designed our own.

Rental guns that have "broken" beyond basic wear parts:
    -G26
    -G30
    -92f (ammo related)
    -Ruger 9s
    -Ruger 9c
    -Ruger GP100 *
    -Ruger SP101 *
    -S&W Shield
    -Lots of 22lr's
    -Walther PK380
    -HK VP9

My choice would be a glock 19 or 17. One gun to rule them all would be a G19. If I had to choose a gun based solely on reliability with in normal maintenance and cleaning ... besides a glock it would be a quality 1911.

Our M&Ps have done well but they get shot as half as much as the Glocks. They have done well so far. Besides the shield's slide cracked.

Edit: I would also take a USP, we dont rent them so I left it out... Great guns though.

Edit 2: Worst customer service out of all of them has been Sig.

I see stars next to the Ruger revolvers. Can you elaborate on what happened with them? I'm also curious about the 92.

Feedback Score
    With around 2k rounds through them, I've had no problems with my Shields, both 9mm and 45 ACP. My Glock 17 Gen 2, and XDm 45 ACP 3.8" Compact have also been totally reliable with about the same number of rounds. I know 2000 rounds is not enough to call them ultra reliable, but how many rounds is enough before one feels they might be worn out and become unreliable?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMann View Post
    With around 2k rounds through them, I've had no problems with my Shields, both 9mm and 45 ACP. My Glock 17 Gen 2, and XDm 45 ACP 3.8" Compact have also been totally reliable with about the same number of rounds. I know 2000 rounds is not enough to call them ultra reliable, but how many rounds is enough before one feels they might be worn out and become unreliable?
    My G19 had it's first real "I have to replace this part" malfunction at just over 7K rounds. I would say anything that gives you zero trouble to 2000 rounds should be considered very reliable, then I would check at 5k, 10k, etc. I am going to do my best to run my Glock 19 into the ground to see what it's capable of going forward.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I see stars next to the Ruger revolvers. Can you elaborate on what happened with them? I'm also curious about the 92.
    Sorry about that... * was meant to say they were shot heavily and you can't expect a revolver to really last that long.

92 had customer supplied ammo shot through it and a case detonated. Bent the frame out, beretta fixed it quick & its good to go.

Glock failures most common are warn out mags (magpul ones do not last at all). Broken slide catch pins. Worn out springs (expected).

The 30 had a frame crack.

Feedback Score
    My FNP9 runs with everything (always) ! I won't say it's a great gun, don't like the overly long DA pull, but it has never failed with cheap ammo, reloads, anything.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks for the follow up, Trunkmonkey.
    Last edited by 1168; 09-18-17 at 09:07. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    Sig P2022, Walther P99AS, both 9mm. 4000 rounds through each, not a single blip.

Feedback Score
    I don't claim that 1911's are the most reliable, they can be very reliable. I purchased a new colt 1991 for my son for a high school graduation present in 1991. last year during 2016 he had a failure to lock, this was the first malfunction sence new. I replaced the original recoil spring and it hasn't missed a beat sense.

He wandered into yawnder village and never returned

Feedback Score
    Glock Homeland Defender 19. Bought it years ago and it has over 15,000 rounds on it. I can't find in my book any malfunctions. A shit load of different ammo, factory and reloads. Unlike my other Glock's, It is completely stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    My USP45. I've not abused a pistol more than that one and it doesn't seem to care. A little over 12k though it and they've been some hard miles. No parts changes/replaced.

In close second my P30L 9. About 15.5k though that one and it's proving to be very rugged. It's also seen some hard miles. Just replaced the TRS (literally today) as preventative but no other spring changes or maintenance done.
    Update on this. Ran my P30L V1 through two classes recently. Round count now 19,041... reliable as gravity.
    Last edited by Talon167; 10-28-17 at 07:19.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast