Thread: TA-33R on a Galil Ace?

Feedback Score

TA-33R on a Galil Ace?

A .308 Galil Ace of course. Was wondering if the height-above-bore would be too much to effectively use the BDC on the ACOG? There really aren't any lower mounts for the TA-33R other than the factory one that would lessen the height-above-bore (that I know of anyway).

I know they're primarily made for .308 AR-pattern rifles and I haven't taken measurements but I believe the Ace optics rail sits higher than an AR's flattop does from the bore's centerline.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-12-17 at 14:58.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    A .308 Galil Ace of course. Was wondering if the height-above-bore would be too much to effectively use the BDC on the ACOG? There really aren't any lower mounts for the TA-33R other than the factory one that would lessen the height-above-bore (that I know of anyway).

I know they're primarily made for .308 AR-pattern rifles and I haven't taken measurements but I believe the Ace optics rail sits higher than an AR's flattop does from the bore's centerline.
    The ADM B2 mount lowers the optic a bit, I don't see any real issues with mounting it to an ACE. The BDC is only approximate anyway as it depends on ammo used and velocity/barrel length.

MM