Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancer or Pmag for AR10 308s?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lancer or Pmag for AR10 308s?

So far I've only bought 2 of each on the 20 rounders. Just seeing what everyone prefers. When I had my 5.56 I like Pmags, but the 308 version the Lancers feel better. They are way more expensive though.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I just use PMags. I have quite a few Lancers for 556, but I just can't see the cost vs. realized benefit on the Lancer 308 mags. There is a newer 25rd PMag with a red follower that's supposed to be a true 25rd mag. I believe it is although it hasn't been available long enough for long term testing, but the 25th round goes in pretty much like any other round so you don't get that sense of forcing that last round in and compressing the crap out of the mag spring, like on M4 mags. It has a nice feel to it. If you keep your eyes peeled you'll find PMags at a really decent price. I've found them on sale at Midway, for $15/$17 (20rd/25rd) and even cheaper than that at primaryarms.com. I want to say I picked up the new 25rd for $17.99 and the 20's for 14.99. Those are windowed mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yep. I have several of the 25rd PMags and they all work great. They MAY wear out sooner than metal mags, but for the price I can buy several to keep as spares.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Alright awesome thanks. They both feel like great magazines, but the Lancer doesn't feel like a $10-15 more money magazine. I usually order from primary arms anyway so I'll check back there. Only thing I noticed I took both apart and the pmag had a way longer recoil spring compared to the Lancer, but the Lancer spring is stiffer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I use PMAGs. They work and they work on a 2:1 cost ratio to the Lancers.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have both P-Mags and Lancers for the AR-10 format. I like the Lancers a lot more than the P-Mags. The P-Mags are flimsy and the Lancers are not.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was noticed that as well. They are definitely beefier then the 5.56 version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I started out, I ran DPMS mags (since I wasn't willing to shell out large coin for KACs), and they were reliable.

When C-Products released theirs, I bought a couple, and they were also reliable.

I have Magpuls in 10, 20, and 25 round varieties, and yep....they're reliable as well.

Maybe I've been blessed with extraordinarily good 308 magazine luck.

I haven't tried Lancer's magazine, and likely won't unless I come across a screaming deal for them.

Feedback Score
    I love Lancers quite a lot but will wait for them to be on sale before getting any in .308. I got a good deal on 5.56 ones and bought a few plus gave some out as Christmas presents last year. If they were closer in price I'd do Lancer mags every time, but not at twice the cost. For immediate purposes, mainly because I shoot 5.56 a lot more, Pmags will do nicely for my .308.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I have a AA small frame 308.
    It is picky on what brand of mags it likes.
    The lancer the hexmag 308 mags it prefers.
    For cost I would go with hexmag. The lancer is way too expensive

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast