Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon TA44 1.5x ACOG With ACSS Review

Feedback Score
    I noticed in the video that it was being used on a rifle with a FSB. Does the MI mount get the reticle up high enough that the ranging hash marks are usable, or do they show up on the backside of the FSB?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter View Post
    I noticed in the video that it was being used on a rifle with a FSB. Does the MI mount get the reticle up high enough that the ranging hash marks are usable, or do they show up on the backside of the FSB?
    The reticle appears to be above the faint shadow of it

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response and for another well done video. I own a 12.5" Kino that currently has an H1 on a DD micro mount. I'm happy with that set up, but the benefits of having the ranging and drops is interesting enough to have me consider a swap. If only it didn't cost so much!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The T&E one I had in for review was a high (normal or AR height) mount but the one I ordered once they were available was the low mount. This thing is just sweet on an AK with the RS mount

Feedback Score
    That reticle is just genius. I want a low mount one very badly for my sig 553.

But I have been down the disappointing road of dual illumination too many times now.

I'll just sit by and hold my breath for an led version

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Love the optic, reticle, and the SGL!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm trying to achieve absolute co-witness height on an AR. (I know I can't co-witness thru a magnified optic, but I want the same cheek weld etc., as if I were)

- I have a question about the possible combinations of scope heights (AR/Low) and mount heights (ADM & M.W. Industries) -
    - I have seen the AR height scope on both of the mentioned mounts, and that scope looks really high on the MWI mount -
    - Has anyone tried the low base optic on the MWI mount? if so - does that give you the correct height? (I like the way the length of the mwi mount matches the length of the base of the sight, whereas the ADM mount overhangs on each end)

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by boomer223; 10-17-17 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5acp@gmail.com View Post
    I'm trying to achieve absolute co-witness height on an AR. (I know I can't co-witness thru a magnified optic, but I want the same cheek weld etc., as if I were)

- I have a question about the possible combinations of scope heights (AR/Low) and mount heights (ADM & M.W. Industries) -
    - I have seen the AR height scope on both of the mentioned mounts, and that scope looks really high on the MWI mount -
    - Has anyone tried the low base optic on the MWI mount? if so - does that give you the correct height? (I like the way the length of the mwi mount matches the length of the base of the sight, whereas the ADM mount overhangs on each end)

Thanks,
    Chris
    I was trying to figure out the same thing and ended up exchanging words with Dimitri (PA owner). Here are the numbers he gave me:

TA44 w/ low base:
    1.02" (ADM mount)
    1.48" (MI mount)

TA44 w/ AR base:
    1.38" (ADM mount)
    1.82" (MI mount)

*numbers are to optic centerline*

I was looking for the ACOG to sit similar as my Aimpoint PRO with factory mount (~1.5" from flat top base to optic centerline) as that is what I am used to and get a consistent cheek weld with. My Steiner px4i also sits at that height with its LaRue SPR mount.

I went with the low base in the MI mount that gets me pretty darn close to the 1.5". I just ordered today as the TA44s are back in stock.

Also, will you be running it in conjunction with a FSB? If so, that would be something to consider in regards to what height you want the ACOG to sit at. Hopes this helps.
    Last edited by hardgainer14; 10-23-17 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer14 View Post
    I was trying to figure out the same thing and ended up exchanging words with Dimitri (PA owner). Here are the numbers he gave me:

TA44 w/ low base:
    1.02" (ADM mount)
    1.48" (MI mount)

TA44 w/ AR base:
    1.38" (ADM mount)
    1.82" (MI mount)

*numbers are to optic centerline*

I was looking for the ACOG to sit similar as my Aimpoint PRO with factory mount (~1.5" from flat top base to optic centerline) as that is what I am used to and get a consistent cheek weld with. My Steiner px4i also sits at that height with its LaRue SPR mount.

I went with the low base in the MI mount that gets me pretty darn close to the 1.5". I just ordered today as the TA44s are back in stock.

Also, will you be running it in conjunction with a FSB? If so, that would be something to consider in regards to what height you want the ACOG to sit at. Hopes this helps.
    Dude! Thanks for the info and the back-in-stock notice! I just ordered mine as well!!!

*No FSB, so no worries there.
    Last edited by boomer223; 10-24-17 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I have a question for you GnG. In your review, you have the AR height and MI mount combo. Is this higher than the typical 1/3 head position for a red dot, or would the MI mount and the low TA44 version be closer to this? How does this compare to a TA31 eye/head position, or to the Browe BCO head position (identical to the TA31 if I remember correctly)?

ETA: just realized this conversation had been going on above. Derp.
    Last edited by nimdabew; 10-27-17 at 22:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast